27 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Wallace Tait

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Systems thinking, Soccer (Glasgow Rangers), Family, the pusuit of truth and freedom

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:43 AM

1. Process reviews – are they a good idea?
Of course they are. As I have said in previous posts and threads: The Task Element Approach handles a process review at the internal level (In fact at any level) without any problems.

2. Do process reviews comply with ISO 9001:2000?
Does it really matter? the trend for many organizations to toss the so called ISO 9001 standard (Read Model) in the proverbial business trash can, answers the next question with a resounding YES!

3. Your thoughts on self-certification?
YES!
The caveat is an uncontrolled free for all and, abuse of business practices relating to ethics. I worked for a few years within the military shipbuilding arena and, I witnessed and took part in some of the most professionally conducted and controlled system assessments out with the constraints of the BS 5750/ISO 9001 models. There was no need (at that time) for a global model, there still is no need.

4. The affect of the above on the registration (certification) industry?
Oh they're scared already and have been since @ 1999. I've read many papers from my quality registrar colleagues who, have admitted and accepted the certification process, along with registration practices are indeed very redundant and irrelevant to most organizations.

5. What should be the position of ISO and the TC Committee?
Well, I firmly believe they have to wake up and get real. The global economy is going to dictate where the ISO 9001 model goes regarding, developing and evolving into a very relevant business model. Yes it is going EAST and, that's where the dictates shall be coming from.

6. Where next?
Learned colleagues such as Allan Sayle, Jim Wade, Simon Timperley and others shall be able to make sound prognostications. Me, I'm lost in the crowd when it comes to "Where next". :dunno:
Wallace. ;)

Edited by Wallace Tait, 06 May 2005 - 12:44 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

6. Where next?
Learned colleagues such as Allan Sayle, Jim Wade, Simon Timperley and others shall be able to make sound prognostications.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm taking the evening off to put my feet up; when I found out what prognostications are I'll try and make some sound ones.

Have a nice weekend Wallace. :beer:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

On self-certification, how would we convince our customers to accept it? Would Quality Managers and their Managers really vote for a return to multiple customer audits along with their inherent inconsistencies, not to mention the requisite reallocation of rare resources to purchase the mountains of delicious Marks & Spencer sandwiches.

What do we think Gentlemen? :dunno:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users