Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

Though I have enjoyed to browse the forums for a long wile I didn’t make a post thus far. :unsure: Our company is almost two years in pursuit of ISO22000 and now thankfully we are almost ready for 3rd party audit. I am located in Mumbai and would like to solicit recommendations for certification body operating in India. I am looking at TUV so far – any news? Please do the needful.

Thank-you

Praveen

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hi Praveen,
Please consider LRQA www.lrqa.com they have good auditor in that region.

Saludos.

Biss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hi,

I think DNV or BSI will be the better options for the ISO 22000 certifications. our organisation is certified by BSI.

Biss

prav

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

thank-you for your recommendations erasmo.. Biss it is good to find sombody with experience to share in India. For what reason do you say that DNV or BSI will be the better options for the ISO 22000 certifications.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

Dear Praveen,

A little bit late but thks for yr input and Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

chen

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

Which ever certification body, I would want to have a look at the profile of the potential Auditor. In this region, I am wary of those A to Z Auditors. Those that claim that they can audit almost every ISO and/or other certifications on earth.

Find out their experience and background - the number of food audits that they had done and whether they are related to your industry (less important if your processes are simple).

Otherwise, which CB will not claim they are the best?

Edited by chen, 21 September 2008 - 07:11 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

Which ever certification body, I would want to have a look at the profile of the potential Auditor. In this region, I am wary of those A to Z Auditors. Those that claim that they can audit almost every ISO and/or other certifications on earth.

Find out their experience and background - the number of food audits that they had done and whether they are related to your industry (less important if your processes are simple).

Otherwise, which CB will not claim they are the best?

Excellent advice Chen. :clap: It all comes own to the auditor. Is it acceptable to ask to see the auditors Resume or CV?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:52 AM

Excellent advice Chen. :clap: It all comes own to the auditor. Is it acceptable to ask to see the auditors Resume or CV?

Regards,
Simon

Of course, the client could ask for the auditor profile at all time. Before and during the 3 year contract.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

Of course, the client could ask for the auditor profile at all time. Before and during the 3 year contract.

Evidence of competence is important to auditors of standards and likewise it should be important to the auditee.

Has anyone (had the cheek) to ask for an auditors CV?

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

BELE

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:51 AM

I am not impartial, but I would recommend you to ask for a proposal from Bureau Veritas Certification in India. They have local fully qualified auditors and are accredited by NABCB & UKAS.

BR

chen

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

..................... Has anyone (had the cheek) to ask for an auditors CV?

Regards,
Simon

Simon, the days of Auditees being afraid of or are bullied by Auditors are practically over. Both parties should be able to deal with each other in a professional manner for the overall good of the industry.

Supply and demand forces had made CB's more end 'User' friendly. These days you can call up the customer service department and find out a lot of info or discuss things in fairly detail manner (at least from where I am).

But things could be different for those organizations with a lot of skeletons in the cupboard. Also, if you do not know what to ask you aren't getting anything in return.

Ashwin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

Simon, the days of Auditees being afraid of or are bullied by Auditors are practically over. Both parties should be able to deal with each other in a professional manner for the overall good of the industry.

Supply and demand forces had made CB's more end 'User' friendly. These days you can call up the customer service department and find out a lot of info or discuss things in fairly detail manner (at least from where I am).

But things could be different for those organizations with a lot of skeletons in the cupboard. Also, if you do not know what to ask you aren't getting anything in return.

I agree with Chen.Indeed CBs & Auditors Have changed for Good.
It is possible in India to ask for Auditor profile & most of the CBs provide the details.

Regards
Ashwin

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone - good advice.

So to round up for Praveen (if you are still there). :smile: There are some recommendations for certification Bodies here. Also try looking in our online directory

And always make sure the CB are accredited and the auditor is qualified and experienced to audit your industyr sector. Ask for a profile of the auditor.

One question to others, gong back to what Chen said - what should Praveen be asking of ISO 22000 auditors specifically?

Regards,
Simon

Ashwin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

Though I have enjoyed to browse the forums for a long wile I didn’t make a post thus far. :unsure: Our company is almost two years in pursuit of ISO22000 and now thankfully we are almost ready for 3rd party audit. I am located in Mumbai and would like to solicit recommendations for certification body operating in India. I am looking at TUV so far – any news? Please do the needful.

Thank-you

Praveen

Dear Praveen,

I suggest that first shortlist accredited certification bodies as per your scope of business by asking whether or not the certification body is accredited to provide certification services in your specific area of operations .If answer is Yes then verify the competence as suggested by fellow forum members.Ask for the quotations & then Make a choice. I will give you names of Few renowned CBs operating in India. you can visit their respective websites for contact details.
1.Bureau Veritas Certification (India) Pvt. Ltd
2.DNV
3.Foodcert India Pvt. Ltd.
4.Moody International
5.TUV South Asia Pvt. Ltd.
6.SGS India Pvt. Ltd.
7.SAI Global Ltd.
8.BSI
9.LRQA

Criteria for selection has been discussed by forum members.So all the best

Regards
Ashwin

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

Dear Ashwin,

Good advice and thanks for the list as I was looking for the same.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

Dear All,

Indeed, nice list Ashwin :clap:

I hv sort of a side comment.

Clearly the auditorial competence is relevant (or should be) to both sides. In fact, I hv seen several cases where multiple auditors are involved (2-3 persons) specifically to address this problem (Lead auditor ++). However I get the impression from above posts that for many people only one auditor is the norm ?? I hv never forgotten a remark made by a lone VIP external HACCP auditor several years back who, on my politely asking whether he had any particular familiarity with my area at that time, replied "I don't care whether you're producing shrimps or hotdogs, the hygiene is all that counts to me"! I suppose from a PRP / HACCP perspective, there is some truth in his reply but at that moment his credibility went to zero. Within 1hr or so, he had well validated that opinion.

Have no doubt many of you hv had similar experiences. :angry: :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Ashwin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

Dear All,

In my earlier post I have mentioned while selecting a CB one must always opt for accredited CB. It will address the competency issue to large extent.

As per International Accreditation Forum guideline, the Accreditation bodies evaluate how a Certification body reviews client applications and determines the associated competency needs for the audit team. The Accreditation Bodies also evaluate the selection and appointment of appropriate audit team members and technical experts.
In a situation when Auditor does not have the technical Experience of a particular scope,a technical Expert is included in audit team. :smarty:
The combination of processes and resources that a CB uses to ensure that competent auditors will undertake audits competently represents its “competency management system”. & it is a key criteria in granting Accreditation.
An accredited CB for FSMS must abide by ISO/IEC 17021:2006 which covers Competence, integrity ethics & impartiality..So I feel selecting an accredited CB will address our concern about competency.

Regards

Ashwin

Edited by Ashwin, 28 September 2008 - 03:26 PM.

prav

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

Thank-you all so very much for the information I have simulated a good response and am very happy. I have a clear idea now the way to proceed and the questions to ask to make the good choice.

Thank-you so much.

Praveen Gupta

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users