Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

Greetings everyone! I am currently an undergraduate pursuing a degree of Food Technology and Bioprocess in the University of Malaysia Sabah. I am just beginning to start of my thesis title "The effectiveness of the implementation of HACCP in Sabah Food Industries (Burdens and Challenges)". Thus, I hope that all of us here can share thoughts regarding the endless world of food safety management and systems. Happy Co-operation :biggrin:

HACCP and ISO systems: Common sense that are not common

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Greetings everyone! I am currently an undergraduate pursuing a degree of Food Technology and Bioprocess in the University of Malaysia Sabah. I am just beginning to start of my thesis title "The effectiveness of the implementation of HACCP in Sabah Food Industries (Burdens and Challenges)". Thus, I hope that all of us here can share thoughts regarding the endless world of food safety management and systems. Happy Co-operation :biggrin:

Welcome to the forums TanQinJi, we're glad you joined us. Can you tell us a little more about your plans for the thesis and the objectives?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

TanQinJi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

Greetings Simon!

This study will be conducted within the Malaysian state of Sabah, focusing in food manufacturers. As the application of HACCP have yet to be compulsory in Sabah (except for seafood exports), I am to find out the current status of thier involvment in HACCP implementation. For those who have yet to apply, i will find out why are they not doing so (facing financial problems, don't see the need to do so, lack knowledge etc); for those who had applied, i will intend to get to know any burdens and challenges that they are facing during their implementation of such system.

A questionnaire (under construction) will be given out to my sampled companies and the data shall be analyzed via statistical programmes, majorly comparing the effectiveness of implementation between large manufacturers and SMEs, locations, types of products and etc.

I have plans to head to the field of consultancies too... So probably this may be the place i should be :cool: .

Thank you very much for the attention!

HACCP and ISO systems: Common sense that are not common

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

Dear TanQJ:

I am from West Malaysia. Actually our company did receive similar questionnaire from the 'student' from local university on the implementation of HACCP a few years ago.

All the best to you.

Regards,
Yong

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users