- - - - -

harry

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:21 AM

a food processing factory which don't process retailer brand merchandise , but it's own brand merchandise will sell in France or German retailer, dou you think it is necessary to get IFS certification?

PSchnittger

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

I'd like to say, it is a must to become listed with lager retailers!

Mit herzlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards

Peter Schnittger

Nicht das Optimale ist unser Ziel
- sondern der pragmatische Perfektionismus!

QRPS Management Consulting

ISO22000.de
QRPS.de
Lebensmittelforum.info

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

I would say it is becoming more common for retailers to request certification. It helps your sales people list products more easily and companies like Aldi Germany only take from companies with IFS certification.

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

ding

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:01 AM

Yes, Aldi is a very extreme company. It probably the only company who is strict to this. At the very beginning, Aldi said the deadline is Dec. 2003, but this was impossible at that time. So the deadline postphoned to Dec. 2004.

But I know some other retailers in German might also accept BRC food or even no certification. I also heard that Carrefour will perform 2nd party audit to suppliers as well. So you might not need the IFS certificate in this way.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:13 PM

I also heard that Carrefour will perform 2nd party audit to suppliers as well.  So you might not need the IFS certificate in this way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suppose the supplier must still have the compliant system in place so they may as well get the certificate - less hassle.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users