• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hi Everyone!

This is yet another question regarding ISO22000.

Does anyone have an example of an audit plan for the said standard? I know it would depend on the process and would be completely dependent on the standard but somehow, a general idea on how to do it and an example would suffice.

We are currently about to do our internal audit here and an example or template would do. I just would like to get an idea on how specific or how general it should be.

Again, my thanks for everyone's feedbacks.

Cheers!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

Can anyone provide Althene with a sample for ideas?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

Dear Althene,

It may not givin so much help, but you may try these links:

http://www.praxiom.c...22000-audit.htm

http://nipc.mporg.ir...2000/Mr Chua/16

You may ask your consultant how to conduct a good internal audit. Or attend some training (you can get it easily from the IT). Just for additional, IMO the important thing from Internal Auidt is you have to had a clear and strict guide to determine the finding's category.

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

angelica

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Argentina
    Argentina

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

Dear Althene
I’m sorry I can’t offer you a template, but I'll tell you what I do:
I take any item of Requirements part of the standard and ask myself: is there enough evidence of the accomplishment of this item?

For example:

5.6 Communication when I know new equipment was installed

- Who decided to buy it?

-How did Food safety Team learn that the equipment was going to be acquired?

-How did Food safety Team communicate to the rest of organization the way it can affect the food safety? Are there records of these communications?

- How did the company communicate to workers the operating instructions, how to clean it, etc? Are there records of these communications?

Well, Althene, as you have said, it depends of the process you have. And I’m afraid it’s too complex to do one document that fits all the situations. That’s because I just take the standard and read any item as it were a question and then I justify my yes or no answer.

I realise this is not what you were asking for, but I hope it helps you anyway.

regards

Angelica

JPO

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Attached File  Internal Audit ISO 22000 stripped.doc   752.5KB   929 downloads

I yanked all my company specific info out of this document.

I wish I had a template or example like this to work from when I sat down and churned this thing out.

Hope this helps

Thanked by 8 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

That's absolutely brilliant JPO, thanks so much for sharing. :clap:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Dear JPO,

Thks for the interesting compilation.

Strictly speaking, i think this is a System Audit, not an Internal Audit. Auditors may disagree with me. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

JPO

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

Dear JPO,

Thks for the interesting compilation.

Strictly speaking, i think this is a System Audit, not an Internal Audit. Auditors may disagree with me. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

At this point, it's a system audit mostly because I pulled all the specific policy and procedure company specific information out of the audit. Actually, I built this form FIRST, to make sure we were complying with the method, then went and asked specific questions of our program

Basically, "the standard says X, We're satisfying that with policy/procedure Y, audit Y and show that you're actually doing Y, have all the documentation, calibration records, corrective action, etc.

Since I had the framework sitting on the hard drive, I just had to pull out the company name and such and post it as a skeleton for someone else to build their audit on.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

At this point, it's a system audit mostly because I pulled all the specific policy and procedure company specific information out of the audit. Actually, I built this form FIRST, to make sure we were complying with the method, then went and asked specific questions of our program

Basically, "the standard says X, We're satisfying that with policy/procedure Y, audit Y and show that you're actually doing Y, have all the documentation, calibration records, corrective action, etc.

Since I had the framework sitting on the hard drive, I just had to pull out the company name and such and post it as a skeleton for someone else to build their audit on.

It is a useful template to check against the requirements of the standard.

Internal audits will also need to be conducted to ensure the food safety management system conforms to the planned arrangements and to the food safety management system requirements established by the organization. This will include the processes involved in the operation. It is also common for Internal Audits to cover GMP/PRP activities although some people may call these Hygiene Audits. Also note the audit programme should take into consideration the importance of the processes and areas to be audited.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

RICKG

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

A very nice format! Thanks so much! I will be revising our own ISO 9001 internal audit templates and including the "adders" from the ISO 22000 Standard. Our scheduled internal auidt program will provide double-duty by maintaining review of these "gaps" during ongoing audits....while not conflicting with our normal audit activities.

Attached File  Internal Audit ISO 22000 stripped.doc   752.5KB   929 downloads

I yanked all my company specific info out of this document.

I wish I had a template or example like this to work from when I sat down and churned this thing out.

Hope this helps

Thanked by 1 Member:

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Here is another one

Attached Files