• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hi everybody,

I work for a warehousing & transport company and I have a question regarding unsealed packaging. If I'm not clear let me know I’ll try to explain as best as I can.

I have a client that stores both finished product and raw product. They also use our transport service to ship their product in and out of the warehouse. The raw product is usually held here for a few days then shipped back when the production lines require raw materials.

Some of these raw products are not sealed (packaging), and contain ; beef, chicken etc. When shipping unsealed products back to my client, the following form must be filled out (see attached document).

In my prerequisite programs I noticed that I have no written procedure for this and I’d like to put one together. So far all is well, employees spot the unsealed cases and supervisors fill in the form. As a HACCP coordinator it’s hard to have a : “if it’s not broken don’t fix it” attitude. I’d like to have something more potent and be more knowledgeable about the whole situation.

Does anyone have some information on laws & regulations concerning this?

Thank you

Attached Files

Marco

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Dear Elias,

I don't know if I understood well what you meant and I am not really knowledgeable on Canadians regulations but I try to give you some links.

The on below refers to the Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures:
http://www.inspectio.../man/mane.shtml

Since I don't know if your customer is a "registered establishment" I believe you may find interesting chapter 3 (3.6.3.2, 3.6.5) and 8 (8.2, 8.5) in particular.

The link to Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990 is:
http://laws.justice....-3.2/SOR-90-288

I hope that this is of a little help.

Regards,
Marco

elias.loisos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the response, it did help and I started to write a new procedure for it. I've also asked some help from a consultant to make sure all is well. I apologize for the late response I didn’t get a chance to visit the forum lately!

Marco

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Glad to be helpful and thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Marco

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users