• Quick Navigation
Photo

ISO 22000:2005 is here -- so come on what do you think?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Today Thursday, September 01 2005 the much hyped ISO 22000:2005, Food safety management systems - Requirements for any organization in the food chain was finally published.

So is this a watershed day for Global Food Safety?

Users -- are you going to be proactive and develop your systems to meet with the requirements and maybe achieve certification? Or will you wait till your customers tell you to? If indeed they do so.

Consultants -- is this your golden goose for the next 5-10 years? What are your plans and in what countries and industry sectors?

Certification Bodies -- how are you preparing for the new standard? What services and training courses have you got in the pipeline? And when will they be available?

Retailers -- will you be requiring your supply chain to achieve certification?

ISO 22000:2005 is here -- so come on what do you think?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:03 AM

Simon,

My views -

Users - that largely depends on a few issues. As industrial leaders, big organizations (over at my end) are beginning to commit themselves to embracing the new ISO standard. I personally know a fair number.

The impact if made a "European Standard" would certainly shape the landscape on food safety program entirely. There would be both market demand (EU side at least) for it as well as international pressure to meet regulatory requirements.

As a national standard, it could also likely to change the facade of privately controlled food safety programs i.e. IFS, SQF or even BRC. What about ISO 9000 for food manufacturers? Does it still make sense to maintain one. ISO 15161 becomes obsolete as well. (I expect the ISO 22K audit to cover a composite of elements covering business management quality and food safety issues).

Consultants -- Yes, I believe ONLY those who have sound knowledge and understanding of this standard will enjoy a deserving revenue source for the next 5-10 years?

Plans - I am already competently trained by an IRCA Food Registered Auditor/Trainer from a UK Certification Body in Malaysia on ISO 22K and my implementation for at least 3 clients on ISO 22000 will start this month for the UKAS Pilot Certification Projects.

The FDIS was the main platform to establish the final draft of FSMS manual for private implementation. The DISs are even more important than the FDIS - if you know what I mean. I reckon the primary segment of industries first to get hit for conversion is the meat and fish based producers where EU Numbers for export are required and due for renewal.

All EU export base companies would also be immediately hit once it becomes an EU national standard.

Certification Bodies -- If they have not already submitted their audit checklist for review for approval by UKAS, you are in deep trouble. Marketing on ISO 22K started at least 1 year ago but you can be sure activities would have heightened. Its a new standard and that means - fresh revenue opportunity.

Retailers -- I expect the market leader to be right up there to maintain market leadership and presence.

The above is my personal view of what I have gathered over the last 5 months since the FDIS was released.

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

gangadeen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:35 PM

Resonably excited on all front. ISO 22000 will probably just boost the positioning of CB's and Consultants that were already strong on FSMS systems based on 15161.

The positive is that the variance in HACCP standards will probably fade and allow for a more harmonised approach ... this will ease the current misconcepts some CB's were spreading ...

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for your comments Gangadeen and welcome to the forums. I hope you can stick around and help out on the ISO 22000 discussions. :bye:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

PSchnittger

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:29 AM

Hi Simon,

as a consultant a new standard is always nice... you know, it will become a compelling event!

Yesterday I became the go from a client, that they will implement aditional ISO 22000 (in combination with IFS and BRC).

The certification audit will take place at the end of Novembre.

Cheers :beer:

Peter

Mit herzlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards

Peter Schnittger

Nicht das Optimale ist unser Ziel
- sondern der pragmatische Perfektionismus!

QRPS Management Consulting

ISO22000.de
QRPS.de
Lebensmittelforum.info

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users