Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

1.- Problems with competence (Food Safety team members and Internal Audiors)

2.- Lack of the 3rd part of the hazard analysis and the mandatory document (7.4.4)

3.- Training records of personnel responsible of monitoring activities

4- Validations (absence or incomplete protocol)

5.- No Updating of the system (8.5.2)

6.- No analysis of verification activities (8.4.3)

7.- Weak verification plan, specifically related to PRP and acceptable levels of the hazards.

8.- Non identification of external communication activities specifically those related to primary producers (antibiotics, pesticides, micotoxins, etc.)

About PAS-220

1.- No assessment on bioterrorism / sabotage

2.- No addressing of the requirements (or assessment about non applicability of some requirements)

3.- absence of one or more mandatory document

4.- problems on maintenance specifically on equipment related to control measures

Thanked by 3 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Dear Erasmo,

Yr thread title surely wins for conciseness ! Maybe too well. ;)

Thanks for the nice list. A lot of it matches my BRC experience as well. I expected to see internal audit in general. And not to forget problems with higher management interest (and financial support if that can be an NC).

Perhaps even more to the point is how many of above situations still ultimately (6-month time frame) achieve a successful result ? 100 % ? :whistle:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kay Begum

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

I am sorry, I wasn't very sure what I was doing.
I have just started with FSSC 22000, and completely agree with Charles.C on the management interest part. I am trying to get the management support so that the job gets easier to achieve and I hope to get it eventually.

However, I really need to know about the financial bit. Can anyone please tell me about the cost involved? Are the audits costly? Does the audit cost vary from CB to CB? What other major costs are involved?

Thank you!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

I am sorry, I wasn't very sure what I was doing.
I have just started with FSSC 22000, and completely agree with Charles.C on the management interest part. I am trying to get the management support so that the job gets easier to achieve and I hope to get it eventually.

However, I really need to know about the financial bit. Can anyone please tell me about the cost involved? Are the audits costly? Does the audit cost vary from CB to CB? What other major costs are involved?

Thank you!

Dear Kay

If I was well informed, at least in Spain, a FSSC 22000 Certification Audit carried out by a spanish CB is around 1400 euros under the condition to be carried alt the same time that BRC+IFS audits.

I hope this can help

Anyother budgets?

Regards
Esther

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

This thread is a bit of mismatch with the original comment from FSSM.

I wanted to ask how nonconformities are handled in FSSC 22000; is it similar to BRC e.g they must be closed out within 28 days in order to maintain Certification or do they work it some other way?

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

john_miro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

Simon,

Hello, I am an FSMS Team Leader of an export company based in the Philippines and we have just been certified by SGS against FSSC 22000. No, certification bodies handle it as they are handling ISO 22000 in that non-conformities are classified into three namely critical, major and minor. Having critical and major NCs will result in not being recommended for certification and will need to be addressed in 30 days. A re-audit will also be conducted. On the other hand, minor NCs will not result into delay in certification (as long as it is not 3 minor of the same NC) and this can be addressed in 90 days. Observations will only be considered as suggestions and action plan will not be required.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Clemkonan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

If the SGS strategy is to allow for Critical, Major and Minors and if this is allowed, I congratulate them. For some time now I have been asking where is the Critical. This becomes important when one is faced with the dilemma of trying to objectively decide if the non conformance impacts on food safety , in other words is it deserving of a NC that could result in de-certification or not getting certified in the first place.

A critical by definition is a non conformance associated with a clear case where safe product is not being produced; a Major would reflective of a case where there is significant risk that the lack of control would trigger the production of unsafe product.

Let me include the disclaimer that this is simply my opinion I am am most certainly not trying to present my myself as being an authoritative source .... in other words please do not quote me.

The comment or debate I would love to solicit is in regards to how would one develop a decision tree what would facilitate an accurate classification of NC such that the client is well represented and or at a minimum disarmed thereby avoiding the tension and arguments typically associated with Major and I presume Criticals..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Sorry for the late reply John, thanks for the clarification.

Clemkonan, I believe in the various standards auditors have clear guidance on what should be a critical, major, minor etc.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

A critical by definition is a non conformance associated with a clear case where safe product is not being produced; a Major would reflective of a case where there is significant risk that the lack of control would trigger the production of unsafe product.

Let me include the disclaimer that this is simply my opinion I am am most certainly not trying to present my myself as being an authoritative source .... in other words please do not quote me.

Sorry I have done......... seems logical to me so I wouldn't worry too much.

Regarding FSSC I believe they do not currently specify major and critical non conformities currently ....

Part II Requirements and regulations for providing certification
7. Requirements for the audit reports
Overview of nonconformities and minor nonconformities together with the corresponding clause number of the normative standard or technical specification (specified in Part I, section 3.1 and 3.2) or the number of the additional requirement (specified in Part I, section 3.3).
The Board may decide on more specific requirements for reporting.

But they may do in the future.......

devezajohnpatrick

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

1.- Problems with competence (Food Safety team members and Internal Audiors)

2.- Lack of the 3rd part of the hazard analysis and the mandatory document (7.4.4)

3.- Training records of personnel responsible of monitoring activities

4- Validations (absence or incomplete protocol)

5.- No Updating of the system (8.5.2)

6.- No analysis of verification activities (8.4.3)

7.- Weak verification plan, specifically related to PRP and acceptable levels of the hazards.

8.- Non identification of external communication activities specifically those related to primary producers (antibiotics, pesticides, micotoxins, etc.)

About PAS-220

1.- No assessment on bioterrorism / sabotage

2.- No addressing of the requirements (or assessment about non applicability of some requirements)

3.- absence of one or more mandatory document

4.- problems on maintenance specifically on equipment related to control measures

Hi,

Do you have suggested corrective action should this non-conformance are found? this is exactly our finding in our last FSSC surveillance audit.

Thanks!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Hi djp,

Thks for the input but do note this is an 8-year old quote.

There may be some delay in answering.

looks like you will have a lot of corrective actions.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users