• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hello, Dear All

It's frist time to wirte a new article here, and I had often looked throught the news or items which I was interested at this site. and I had learned much knowledge from this site.
I had some questions on certification body!
Some certification bodys had given up the rule (right and justice)because of benefit of business, and the business competition was malignant among the certification bodys, Especially reward of certification!
The certification body had to approve the certification of the factory because the factory would change the certification body if they can't be approved .

How about that in your world?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hello, Dear All

It's frist time to wirte a new article here, and I had often looked throught the news or items which I was interested at this site. and I had learned much knowledge from this site.
I had some questions on certification body!
Some certification bodys had given up the rule (right and justice)because of benefit of business, and the business competition was malignant among the certification bodys, Especially reward of certification!
The certification body had to approve the certification of the factory because the factory would change the certification body if they can't be approved .

How about that in your world?

You have summed it up nicely Rex. Welcome to the wonderful world of management systems certification. :smile: Seriously it does happen, but in my experience it is possible to manage this commercial (customer / supplier) relationship and still have a reasonably ethical audit.

Are you telling us about your experience Rex?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hi, Simon

Thank you for your review!

How to say, There are lots of CB in China, For example,International CB---DNA,BSI, SGS. Local CB---CQC, CQM,CCIC etc.

The competition among these CB is very vehement and malignant, especially the Local CB, To own more clients means to earn more rewards, beacaus of malignant competition, so the fee of certification is more and more little.
It takes two to tango! Some small factorys just want to own the certificates because of business demand! These factorys just show that they had the certificate(ISO9001, ISO22000), but the boss don't mind whether the system is working effectively. the boss just looks for highly reward!

I expect that the CACA can strengthen the regulation and monitoring to the CB.

So I Want to kown how about it is in your country!

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

Sorry, It's no CACA, it's CNCA --- Certification and Accreditation Administration.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

So I Want to kown how about it is in your country!

Hi Rex, in the UK it's not perfect by any means but it certainly has matured way past the wild west cowboy phase you appear to be in. It will never be perfect and it is really up to the Accreditation process to be water-tight and set the standard. You will find the overseas Certification Bodies to be more professional as they are mostly global players with a lot of experience. It will take a long, long time Rex. Evolution not revolution.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:29 AM