• Quick Navigation
Photo

Idea for a Certificate of Contribution for Members

Share this

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Vote for a New Member Grade between Senior & Fellow (18 member(s) have cast votes)

New Member Grade between Senior & Fellow

1. Peer (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Comrade (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Principal (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Conversant (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Intermediate (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Licenciate (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Counsellor (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

For a while we’ve been considering giving some sort of formal recognition to members for their time and valued contributions they make to the forum. There is an automatic promotion system in place on the forums that works like this.

New Member 1 post
Associate – AIFSQN 10 posts
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Senior – SIFSQN 500 posts
Fellow – FIFSQN 1000 posts

We thought when a member reaches a grade they could request to be reviewed formally by the forums panel to decide if they should be awarded the Certificate of Contribution for that grade. It is something to aim for and is a recognition of achievement, perhaps it could even add value to a resume or CV.

It's only a rough idea at the moment and the question first before discussing exactly how it could work is to determine the interest in such a system.

Please comment.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

Dear Simon:

Yes, I think this is a good idea but I am sure you will have more things to do then...

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

Dear Simon:

Yes, I think this is a good idea but I am sure you will have more things to do then...

Thanks Yong, I think we can worry about 'how to do it' later, for now I am just happy to hear that you think it's a good idea.

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

A marvelous, magnificent and fascinating idea!
:thumbup:

No question about it.

Dear Simon, please do not let it ignored like your previous idea (http://www.ifsqn.com...6&hl=membership).

Also, I would like to ask whether that certificate would be sent in hard copy to individual members (a difficult decision for you but would look great for members and it would seem as a proper official document) or you send it as soft copy.

Regards:
Zeeshan

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,792 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

I'm not sure my workplace would approve that I've posted on a forum as much as I have!

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hi Simon,

It is a noble and well conceived idea.It will increas members participation and am sure,it will be an added advantage to job seekers in food safety and quality departments.Go on with it.
Regards,
Jeremy

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

Thanks everyone for your input so far.

I take your point about not wanting to promote the fact that you spend work time on the forums GMO, but an enlightened employer should see it as ongoing personal development and in some ways free consultancy that adds value to the business. I also recognize they probably won’t see it this way.

Yes we have discussed previously and left it ‘on the shelf’ due to lack of interest but I think it’s time to dust it off and discuss again.
In answer to your question Zeeshan I know it would add value as a hard copy but I think the cost would be prohibitive, making the certificate, printing and postage etc. and it is really not something we would want to charge for. We could maybe improve the design to be higher quality that could be sent by email as a PDF.

It would be nice if we had a roll of honour where we could announce member promotions and members could post a photograph of themselves with their certificate.

Please provide comments everyone they are most helpful.

Thanks,
Simon

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

Congratulation!!! :clap:

A good news from IFSQN, Many thanks and Contribution to all.

Simon you always think better for members and other supporters. It's a kind of motivation also...

Members will increase, Posts will increase, Popularity & Fame - both User & Web.

I am eagerly waiting for my certificate, please send... :doh:

The best of luck to everyone...

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn
Follow me on twitter Healthy_Food_
Visit my website Healthy Food Management

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Congratulation!!! :clap:

A good news from IFSQN, Many thanks and Contribution to all.

Simon you always think better for members and other supporters. It's a kind of motivation also...

Members will increase, Posts will increase, Popularity & Fame - both User & Web.

I am eagerly waiting for my certificate, please send... :doh:

The best of luck to everyone...

I think it's a way of giving something back for everyones efforts. It would be nice to get some more comments and ideas.

Regardless I'm sure we will do something for those who are interested.

Regards,
Simon

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

Regardless I'm sure we will do something for those who are interested.

Dear Simon,
The interested members would like your above idea....... :yay: ......
It seems all members have not seen your post till now, that's why the response is so slow. If your decision for proceeding requires sufficient strength of members affirmation then I have a plan::::::: Start a poll here and send emails (if possible) to all active members to cast their poll whether they want to get the certificate or not. This will surely clear the situation.

At least I believe no body will refuse to have such a beautiful certificate :lush: .

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Sujit

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

Dear Simon,
I liked the idea and very much interested.
Kind regards
Sujit

hiral

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

For a while we’ve been considering giving some sort of formal recognition to members for their time and valued contributions they make to the forum. There is an automatic promotion system in place on the forums that works like this.

New Member 1 post
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts

We thought when a member reaches a grade they could request to be reviewed formally by the forums panel to decide if they should be awarded the Certificate of Contribution for that grade. It is something to aim for and is a recognition of achievement, perhaps it could even add value to a resume or CV.

It's only a rough idea at the moment and the question first before discussing exactly how it could work is to determine the interest in such a system.

Please comment.

Regards,
Simon

Dear Mr. Simon,

It is an immense pleasure to note that you had been very enthusiastic in keeping the forum active. I appreciate the same.

I would like to know the way of participating as an associate.

Thanks and Regards,

Ms. Hiral Vora

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

Thank you to members who have expressed an interest in this so far.

Does anyone else have a view on this either way?

Regards,
Simon

Rosemary4

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

It's the first time I have seen this topic today, and I think it's a great idea for a great network. Keep up the good work Simon.

Maybe you will be recommended for a knighthood for your services to business!!!

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

New Member 1 post
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts

Please comment.

Regards,
Simon

I think its a wonderful idea.

i actually made reference to the IFSQN in my last BRC, and they were very excited that there is an "organisation" where technical people can discuss issues etc

So when you have your next audit, make reference to the IFSQN.....lets get people like the BRC to recognize the forum.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

I'm not sure my workplace would approve that I've posted on a forum as much as I have!

Bet they rather you be on here than Facebook!!! ;o)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

It's the first time I have seen this topic today, and I think it's a great idea for a great network. Keep up the good work Simon.

Maybe you will be recommended for a knighthood for your services to business!!!

:w00t:
Thanks for proposing me; but I think you really need to tell the Queen if you want to progress it. Of course I'll accept it. :smile:

I think its a wonderful idea.

i actually made reference to the IFSQN in my last BRC, and they were very excited that there is an "organisation" where technical people can discuss issues etc

So when you have your next audit, make reference to the IFSQN.....lets get people like the BRC to recognize the forum.

That's great Caz. It makes me happy when members recommend us; it really helps. The power of every member telling three people would make a huge difference. We'd have nine new members by next week. :lol: No seriously thanks and I'm glad you like the idea.

Regards,
Simon

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Dear Simon,
The interested members would like your above idea....... :yay: ......
It seems all members have not seen your post till now, that's why the response is so slow. If your decision for proceeding requires sufficient strength of members affirmation then I have a plan::::::: Start a poll here and send emails (if possible) to all active members to cast their poll whether they want to get the certificate or not. This will surely clear the situation.

At least I believe no body will refuse to have such a beautiful certificate :lush: .

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Dear Simon,

Good idea!

I agree with Zeeshan, make a poll and send an e-mail to let know the members this issue exists.

About the classification, I think the gap between Member and Senior is too big.

Regards,

:thumbup:

FSSM

Edited by FSSM, 14 October 2009 - 09:27 PM.

Abdul Qudoos

• IFSQN Senior
  • 308 posts
  • 42 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

There is an automatic promotion system in place on the forums that works like this.

New Member 1 post
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts

Greetings Simon,

I think there is a much gap in between 50 posts and 500 posts - a long journey to reach 500 posts, Is it possible to add 250 posts for Senior (or some other category) and 500 posts for Fellow and 1000 for Life Time.. or some other category?

What is your opinion!

Edited by Abdul Qudoos, 19 October 2009 - 08:07 AM.

Join me on
Abdul Qudoos on LinkedIn
Follow me on twitter Healthy_Food_
Visit my website Healthy Food Management

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

Greetings Simon,

I think there is a much gap in between 50 posts and 500 posts - a long journey to reach 500 posts, Is it possible to add 250 posts for Senior (or some other category) and 500 posts for Fellow and 1000 for Life Time.. or some other category?

What is your opinion!

Greetings Abdul, Of course I am open to members ideas and suggestions and am happy to go with the flow, however I do strongly believe it should be quite difficult to move up to the higher grades of membership. If it is to really mean something,

Those who have shown an intterest in this initiative please discuss and then we can decide if we should make changes.

regards,
Simon

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Well,

Considering 52 weeks per year, and 5 posts per week, that makes 260 post/year.

That makes 2 year to get Senior in the forum at that speed, don´t know if everybody has the time to post at that rate.

Also, what about the content of post?

There may appear thousands of post providing unuseful information, like this one :whistle: .

Regards,

FSSM

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:22 AM

Hello Simon,

I like the idea and this helps in active participation. Many members do require some kind of appreciation for sparing time to provide valuable info. :thumbup:

Sorry for a late response as I had not noticed this post. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

agree with Jane.. hope that can valuable for my apraisal... and the company increase my salary... :rolleyes:

Edited by AS NUR, 20 October 2009 - 08:43 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

Well,

Considering 52 weeks per year, and 5 posts per week, that makes 260 post/year.

That makes 2 year to get Senior in the forum at that speed, don´t know if everybody has the time to post at that rate.

Also, what about the content of post?

There may appear thousands of post providing unuseful information, like this one :whistle: .

Regards,

FSSM

Yes true but at a rate of only one post a day you get to be a Member in 10 weeks. Two years for Senior and Four years for a Fellow. To become a higher grade member you must show eminence and longevity. It is a difficult, arduous path and is hard earned and thus very valuable. That’s how I see it but I’m not saying I’m Right. We could actually set the system to automatically ignore posts in the General Discussion forum where people chat about ‘off topic’ things – making it even harder. There would also have to be a review by a chosen panel – maybe we have a new panel to sit for each year made up of moderators and a couple of members.

New Member 1 post
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

It is a difficult, arduous path and is hard earned and thus very valuable.

Ok, I agree the certificate must be something you can be proud of, but I also think a intermidiate goal (300) between 50 and 500 might help keep the motor going.

We could actually set the system to automatically ignore posts in the General Discussion forum where people chat about ‘off topic’ things – making it even harder. There would also have to be a review by a chosen panel – maybe we have a new panel to sit for each year made up of moderators and a couple of members.

Sounds good... I don´t know if the panel thing would be easy, but you are the leader!

Regards,

FSSM

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users