• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Hello,
I work in Mexico in a company that gives service to all Food Industry for trainning and auditing. Since we are not experts in BRC I´d like to some of the differences between both standards BRC, SQF (which we are starting to introduce to our clients :biggrin: ).
I know SQF through it´s 3 levels touches aspects of GMP, HACCP and a Quality system.
I don´t know much abut BRC :helpplease: . In Mexico and LatinAmerica SQF is starting to spread but BRC is not well known. By the way, IFS and Dutch Hazard are not at all commun among latinamerican food companies :unsure: .

Gaby.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

The attached might help, although it is a little old. In general, I find SQF more prescriptive and not as clearly written as BRC.

Attached Files

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Thanked by 1 Member:

Gab

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for your help. :biggrin:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

The attached might help, although it is a little old. In general, I find SQF more prescriptive and not as clearly written as BRC.

As well as this I like the fact SQF provide a free standard and free guidance :thumbup:

Happy New Year

Tony

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:03 AM

Both SQF and BRC are similar. Although SQF offers the free standard and guidance, the training can be costly. Courses can be expensive and there is an additional fee for the online exam for SQF. I am a registered SQF Consultant and Auditor and I have done BRC consulting as well. Although we all need to earn a living, I really believe in what I do and sometimes the GFSI schemes seem overly compex and expensive. This sometimes drives companies to select BRC in the Unnited States because BRC does not imply mandated training. BRC training is not inexpensive either - but the SQF code seems to imply a stronger need for training. Both standards are good - they have to be to be benchmarked. Companies should choose a standard based on which one is easier for them to understand and which Certification Body with whom they might be able to have the best commiunication. Success of the whole GFSI system sometimes comes down to simple communication, trust and relationships.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

I am a registered SQF Consultant and Auditor

Hi Cathy

Out of interest what does it cost to register as an SQF Consultant?

Regards,

Tony

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

To be a registered consultant you have to have taken an SQF Course - those can cost around $700 - $750 I think. (I took mine quite some time ago.) To apply or maintain registration and register in multiple food categories, I think it was $600 this year. You also are required to attend a 4-hour webinar, or professional update each year. That costs $75.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

To be a registered consultant you have to have taken an SQF Course - those can cost around $700 - $750 I think. (I took mine quite some time ago.) To apply or maintain registration and register in multiple food categories, I think it was $600 this year. You also are required to attend a 4-hour webinar, or professional update each year. That costs $75.

Ouch!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users