• Quick Navigation
Photo

Can auditor give suggestions during an audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Ken

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:WORK: ISO / FSSC 22000 & ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training,
    PLAY: Music concerts/festivals. Folk & Heavy Rock!. Play various instruments, including mandolin, guitar, banjo and bouzouki.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Dear All

I think we would all like some informal advice during an audit but I agree that the auditors role during a third party audit is to asses compliance with a specific standard. Non compliance's raised by the auditor should be specific and understandable to the auditee (but that is another story!)

It can be frustrating to be told that you don't fully meet a specific requirement but don't get advice on how to meet that requirement. I'm sure that in many audits, there just isn't time for the auditor to do this even when they are permitted to do so.

There are often several ways of achieving the same objective and we can often be led into thinking that someone else's idea is better than our own, only to go and change things and then decide the original was the most appropriate!

As a previous post has already said, a customer audit is different when the objective and how you are expected to meet the objective can be more specific and some advice from the auditor is both welcome and necessary.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

I have been both an auditor, and an auditee. I have made suggestions whilst carrying out an audit, and similarly i have had an auditor make a suggestion to me. On all occasions a non conformance was raised against a standard (ISO or BRC or even our internal standard). Just because a suggestion is made, it doesn't mean you have to go with it, but it can be helpful to be pointed in the right direction.

Isn't that we are all doing here?

Caz (the devil's advocate!! :whistle: )

Sparky

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

:welcome:
I have worked through several audits, and most auditors do give suggestions. However, please keep in mind the best interest of your facility and system prior to executing said suggestions. We had issue where we would implement things because it was suggested and it didn't work for us, and had to go back to previous ways.

Hello friends

Just i think on it that, can auditor give suggestion during audit to auditee?

As per my thinking " YES"

Comment on this

Thank you

Sudarshan

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users