• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

Hi
I am currently in the process of writing our QA Manual in line with BRC requirements...struggling to get the layout just right...does anyone have an example I can view?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

Can anyone help?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:11 PM

Dear Suemal,

It's hard to find a manual that would suit all factories.
The easiest way to start on a quality manual is to copy the BRC standard. Use their index as your index. Change the standard where a clause states "The company shall......" to "The company will....". Then fill out the manual with details of your procedures (checking the procedures conform). It takes quite a while but is a good check that your system (in theory) conforms to the standard.

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

suemal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:41 PM

Dear Suemal,

It's hard to find a manual that would suit all factories.
The easiest way to start on a quality manual is to copy the BRC standard. Use their index as your index. Change the standard where a clause states "The company shall......" to "The company will....". Then fill out the manual with details of your procedures (checking the procedures conform). It takes quite a while but is a good check that your system (in theory) conforms to the standard.

hia
yes thats how ive started the manual, ive based it on BRC, with headings being scope, responsibilities, procedures, records, refs, and revision history for each section. Currently bout half way through then I start writing the SOPS and cross reference...have i included all the relevant headings? can you think of something im missing?! :rolleyes:
thanks
sue

Martinblue

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 141 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

that can be a good start

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

I just work through the BRC using the same numbering system in the same order. That way, it's really easy come audit time and you know you haven't missed anything out. So, from memory, it's senior management commitment as number 1 (talk about how the management makes resources available and then reference things like training records, management review procedure and records etc), then HACCP as number 2 (just reference the HACCP plan here and maybe a quick overview statement rather than repeat yourself) etc etc.

Also I love the way the BRC says things like "a procedure shall be in place" or "policy for..." so you know for that clause you will need to have a procedure or policy. As the meerkat says "Simples"!

Jason H.Z.C.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 88 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China
  • Interests:Basketball, PC Game, My lovely daughter, My Wife,

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hi all,

The clause 3.2.1 states "The food safety and quality manual shall contain an outline of working methods and practices or references to where such an outline is documented"

According to standard you can chose outline such methods/procedures in the Mannual, or you can also raise in the mannual a reference link to the documented methods/procedures.

Hope this could help a bit.

Best regards,

Jason

private contact box

Kind Regards,

Jason

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users