- - - - -

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hello everybody,

Here again from Spain, so sorry for my english!

I got the BRC/EFSIS standard in paper and my question is ¿ is that the same as the BRC standard ?

If I want to implement the BRC standard in a slauterhouse + cutting plant + packaging of fresh meat plant , what standard should I follow, BRC - food, BRC- packaging or both ?

And for a cheese manufacturer , BRC -food or BRC-packaging ?

If you allow me the following question in this forum, it is about ISO 9001, section 7.3. I guess that slauterhouses, cutting plants and packaging of fresh meat plant are exempt form implementing it, are not they ?

Thank you in advanced for your good answers, I know they are.

Esther Vázquez

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:35 AM

If I want to implement the BRC standard in a slauterhouse + cutting plant + packaging of fresh meat plant , what standard should I follow, BRC - food, BRC- packaging or both ?
And for a cheese manufacturer , BRC -food or BRC-packaging ?

Hi Esther,
the answer is BRC food.
I suppose the slaughterhouse isn't a packaging producer, am I right ?

If you allow me the following question in this forum, it is about ISO 9001, section 7.3. I guess that slauterhouses, cutting plants and packaging of fresh meat plant are exempt form implementing it, are not they ?

It depends on what they're actually producing. For instance if they slaughter, cut and pack three different meats (pork, beef and chicken) in a finished product (sausage or any other food) with many other flavours and ingredients it is likely that the auditor will ask for 7.3.

Your English is OK, I'm italian and Saferpakers are very kind people, they haven't thrown me out of the window yet :lol2:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hi Esther,
the answer is BRC food.
I suppose the slaughterhouse isn't a packaging producer, am I right ?
It depends on what they're actually producing. For instance if they slaughter, cut and pack three different meats (pork, beef and chicken) in a finished product (sausage or any other food) with many other flavours and ingredients it is likely that the auditor will ask for 7.3.

Your English is OK, I'm italian and Saferpakers are very kind people, they haven't thrown me out of the window yet :lol2:

Hello Franco

Thank you for your answer.

The company I am talking about has three sections:
slauterhouse
cutting plant
packaging plant in which the fresh meat is packaged in modified atmosfere. So in this case it should not be neccesary to implement point 7.3 of ISO 9001, should it ?

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:00 PM

Dear Esther,

Your English is excellent.
Franco is right about you needing the Food standard.
Did you know it is available in Spanish? You can buy it through the web site www.tsoshop.co.uk, ISBN 011703536X.

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:55 AM

Dear Esther,

I really can't tell you more in a Web Forum. You may try to look at ISO 9000:2000 guideline application

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

Dear Esther,

Your English is excellent.
Franco is right about you needing the Food standard.
Did you know it is available in Spanish? You can buy it through the web site www.tsoshop.co.uk, ISBN 011703536X.

HEllo Yorkshire

Thank you for your answer and th web you mencion.

Yes, I did know it

Dear Esther,

I really can't tell you more in a Web Forum. You may try to look at ISO 9000:2000 guideline application

Hello Franco

Thank very much for your link.

Regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users