• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:43 PM

Hi All
wasnt sure where to post this?! under the BRC food standard 3.2.1.10 regarding on-site laboratory facilities..what happens if you dont have any, can we just ignore the section or do you have to have it in the manual saying you dont have the facilities etc.....

Only recently joined and would like to comment on how informative the site is...excellent!
Sue
:spoton:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:10 PM

Don't know if you have to, but I think it would be good practice to make reference to the clauses that do not apply (with the reasons why) somewhere near the front of your Quality Manual. At least it shows you have considered them.
By the way welcome to the forums Sue, it's nice to see a few more women joining the discussions. :yay: The SDF was becoming a bit of an old boys network.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

suemal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Don't know if you have to, but I think it would be good practice to make reference to the clauses that do not apply (with the reasons why) somewhere near the front of your Quality Manual. At least it shows you have considered them.
By the way welcome to the forums Sue, it's nice to see a few more women joining the discussions. :yay: The SDF was becoming a bit of an old boys network.

Regards,
Simon

Cheers Simon, will crack on with my writing!!! section 3.2 is a pretty daunting one to say the least!! :bye:

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:28 AM

Refers to on-site laboratory only. If you do not have one - it would help to indicate that it does not apply as none exist.

Example-
"The on-site laboratory facilities shall not jeopardise the safety of product"
or
"On site laboratory is not available"

The purpose of 3.2.1.10 is purely to ensure that there is no cross contamination of hazardous chemicals to jeopardise planned end product safety level likely to derive from poor lab. design, layout path, insufficient barrier segregation etc.

Hope this helps.

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users