Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

Farmers can now improve their overall performance and financial results, as well as increase customer confidence and satisfaction with a new ISO standard for implementing an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) for crop production.

The new standard, ISO 22006:2009, Quality management systems – Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2008 to crop production, can be used with farm operations of any size, growing all types of food, feed and non-food crops.

ISO 22006:2009 provides step-by-step guidance through the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 with a practical approach to crop operations. The standard provides pertinent subject-specific tips and suggestions, and uses agricultural terminology. Among its unique features is a user-friendly flow diagram listing all the farm operation activities to help determine how they fit together and where there is need for improvement.

Read full ISO Press Release

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

muffin

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

Great innovation! but my question is how can it be implemented?

I'm Thinking that the only way for ISO 22006:2009 can be implemented is with the help and support from the government, in that case it will never happen in my country. The government here is unsupportive of agriculture. Looking back to Taiwan, Their reason for economic growth is agriculture backed by government. There are Farm to Market roads, government subsidies and etc which I think soon enough they will implement the ISO 220006:2009.

-Harvey C.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users