Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:22 AM

I have BRC A accreditation but we are now a secondary supplier to Tesco and have been told to expect a TFMS audit in the near future.
I have an audit schedule for the year based on the sections of the BRC standard so to save me a little time does anyone have a linking document comparing the BRC section numbers with the TFMS?

cosmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

I havn't had experience with BRC and Tesco's, but I do have a Haccp certification and have just had my WQA audit.
The differences between the Codex standard and the private label standard.... I had to add the additional 18 WQA requirements to my Haccp schedule, and also had to be included in my internal GMP and Haccp audits. There wasn't much alignment as the differences were in addition to the standard.
I will post in the forum discussion re private label audits/standards.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:37 AM

You should have access to the Tesco Technical Library which has their standard on it. I wouldn't be hung up on comparing the two standards; if I'm honest, from experience in supplying Tesco, if you comply with the Tesco standard, you will more than comply with BRC but I don't know if others have found the same. The Tesco audits are very demanding and if it's your first time, I'd do a gap analysis of every part of the standard and where you know you are not 100% compliant and don't have time to resolve it, at least put some kind of action plan in place so you have something to show the auditor if they raise it. It might get you out of a few non conformances. Just be aware though that it is seriously tough to get the highest grade in Tesco audits but if you only get an amber, expect to see a lot more of Tesco technologists than you'd really like to! Green is a realistic target, blue is rare so don't beat yourself up if you don't get it.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

You should have access to the Tesco Technical Library which has their standard on it. I wouldn't be hung up on comparing the two standards; if I'm honest, from experience in supplying Tesco, if you comply with the Tesco standard, you will more than comply with BRC but I don't know if others have found the same. The Tesco audits are very demanding and if it's your first time, I'd do a gap analysis of every part of the standard and where you know you are not 100% compliant and don't have time to resolve it, at least put some kind of action plan in place so you have something to show the auditor if they raise it. It might get you out of a few non conformances. Just be aware though that it is seriously tough to get the highest grade in Tesco audits but if you only get an amber, expect to see a lot more of Tesco technologists than you'd really like to! Green is a realistic target, blue is rare so don't beat yourself up if you don't get it.

theres a copy of the tesco standard in the document exchange.

good words of advice from GMO.

caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users