• 88 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China
  • Interests:Basketball, PC Game, My lovely daughter, My Wife,

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Dear all,

Just finish the reviewing to the whole draft version :smarty: .

In my opinion, the control for catering issue as well as subcontraction parts are also enhanced by BRC in this document.

About the high care concept, I could not express any on that. Because in this draft version, I have not yet seen the glossary. Maybe BRC has a completely new definition on "high care" concept.

Another thing can be confirmed is that the words "high risk area" is not observed in this draft version. Also the concept "open product handling area" is the one newly introduced by BRC. Furthermore, the unannouce audit options schemes are very interesting, clients can choose different "packages" to maintain their certification. And it is believed that "plus" value will be accepted by more clients.

This version has become more closed to the current audit requirements from retail second party audits. However, as I know in retail second party audits, environmental as well as human issue are also given significant concerns. And in such two regions, there are other standards such as SA 8000, ISO 14000 etc for comparison.

At least BRC is keep moving(due diligence :biggrin: )

Only personal opinion,

Best regards,

Jason

PS: In the draft 6 verion, Many clauses present in version 5 are incorporated into one or two clauses. Such incorporation clauses may lead to more "major score" raised. Because according to the definition of "Minor" in the new version: "Clustering of a significant number of minor non conformities against a clause and recording this as a single minor non-conformity is not permitted"

Edited by Jason H.Z.C., 26 April 2011 - 02:37 AM.

private contact box

Kind Regards,

Jason

Caddyshack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone know of a date for the roll out of V6 yet?. I was told a while ago that it would probably be out in the summer with a view to auditing against it starting Jan 2012???

Jason H.Z.C.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 88 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China
  • Interests:Basketball, PC Game, My lovely daughter, My Wife,

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:35 AM

The draft for consultation is now available; it seems unannounced audit which was a big dicussion point remains optional:

http://www.brcglobalstandards.com/standards/food/issue-6-consultation-documents/

Hi Shaddyshack,

From the link given by D-D, you can find answers to your questions. Thanks for D-D :thumbup:

Best regards,

Jason

private contact box

Kind Regards,

Jason

Caddyshack

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Does any body have a copy of the draft standard issue 6 as the link is now dead?

Regards

DebD

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Everything to do with Food!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Copy of draft attached ( I hope)

Attached File  BRC-food-issue-6-consultation-draft-17-4-112.pdf   1.51MB   82 downloads

Thanked by 4 Members:

JamesMadsen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

I missed the opportunity to download the draft. The link is no longer active. I would like to review it and check it against our auditability. We are certified to Issue 5. Can any one provide a copy of the draft?

Thanks

Jim

The draft for consultation is now available; it seems unannounced audit which was a big dicussion point remains optional:

http://www.brcglobalstandards.com/standards/food/issue-6-consultation-documents/

DebD

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Everything to do with Food!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello All,

I have just found out that Version 6 is available for preorder from the TSO shop.

http://www.tsoshop.c...?trackid=003981

Thanked by 2 Members:

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

JamesMadsen - here is a .pdf copy of the draft, if you care to look at it before preordering...of course, as a draft, it will differ from the final to some degree.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users