Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

Can anyone post examples of a risk assessment that has been done for product release, section 5.7 of the BRC standard?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

BUMP for PAMB.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

Our positive product release is based on post risk assessment data indicating no violation of control measures under the HACCP plan and the SSOP verification activities including no breakdown of the Pre-requisite programs as well as verification of product weight or volume including number control i.e. trace system and other quality issues.

Where regulatory concerns such as chemical control, allergen advice, IP materials, labeling requirements etc so that legality of your product as they are produced is assured. Country specific legislation applies. You may format your assessment matrix in a checklist manner to risk assess (any breakdown of the food safety plan) before release approval for storage / dispatch.

Regards
Charles

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

Our positive product release is based on post risk assessment data indicating no violation of control measures under the HACCP plan and the SSOP verification activities including no breakdown of the Pre-requisite programs as well as verification of product weight or volume including number control i.e. trace system and other quality issues.

Regards
Charles

Agreed Charles Posted Image

The requirement in the BRC standard is for release of product that meets specification so will inlcude quality requirements. Some people will have a "Quality HACCP" in addition to the a standard HACCP which would cover this off.

Regards,

Tony

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hi Tony,
Generally, I believe ppl have little trouble interpreting the clauses of BRC- Food (v5) however, allow me to veer off this key topic, I do hope discussions on BRC-IOP (Packaging and Packaging Materials) can be more active as ppl in this sector are generally not food safety inclined and likely to need more help. After all, I strongly believe BRC-IOP is a purposefully designed scheme meant to support all food safety schemes particularly those under GFSI

Regards
Charles

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

Dear PamB,

I admire the previous answers but I suspect many people are doing a much more lightweight solution ??
Realistic logistics may surely depend on what you are doing, eg 1 product is not quite the same as 500+ !
I suggest that the risk assessment be prioritised on yr specific products (RTE etc) / past experience / safety aspects / volume / +.
Quality, hmmm, ok it does say "specification", it also says “agreed” and this is a FSMS – I suggest a minimal priority?.
These variables should enable a decision regarding frequency, specificity, relevant data location.

I previously wrote a procedure which prioritised / specified a set of documents to be scanned / documented for “compliance” and then cross-aligned it to (a) actual haccp corrective activity, (b) shipment logistics. A previous version (negative release) which was based on direct scanning for lack of (a) / (b) was not (initially) unaccepted but warned that it would automatically come into the “continuous improvement” bracket at a subsequent audit.

Overall, IMO, it is a critical step but overkill is also possible.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Is your question answered PAMB - please revert.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

birmingham2000

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Where regulatory concerns such as chemical control, allergen advice, IP materials, labeling requirements etc so that legality of your product as they are produced is assured. Country specific legislation applies. You may format your assessment matrix in a checklist manner to risk assess (any breakdown of the food safety plan) before release approval for storage / dispatch.

Regards
Charles

Sorry apologies for such a basic question

But what is a SSOP?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users