• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hello:
I'm a new member of the forum, here to learn and share. Currently working for a Certification Body, I've a number of years of experience in management systems, in a wide variety of roles and industries. I've performed a third party audit of a famous biscuit manufacturer - it was the most wonderful experience; the smell, the taste...

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. I look forward to participating and learning more about the various Food Safety requirements and Programmes.

Best wishes!

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hello:
I'm a new member of the forum, here to learn and share. Currently working for a Certification Body, I've a number of years of experience in management systems, in a wide variety of roles and industries. I've performed a third party audit of a famous biscuit manufacturer - it was the most wonderful experience; the smell, the taste...

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. I look forward to participating and learning more about the various Food Safety requirements and Programmes.

Best wishes!

:bye: Hi Andy!

TS

AndyN

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

:bye: Hi Andy!

TS

TS! Small world after all!:thumbup:

It's good to know you're here with all you have to offer the world of Food safety!

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

TS! Small world after all!:thumbup:

It's good to know you're here with all you have to offer the world of Food safety!

Right back at you. The forum will surely benefit from your systems and auditing knowledge. I look foward to your input as well as having someone else to help answer some of the ISO questions (as well as defend ISO a few times!).

AndyN

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Well, thanks, TS! I really appreciate the support for my (somewhat alternate) points of view!

I'm really looking forward to having the shoe on the other foot, here, with a lot to learn about the various Food Safety programs, having been 'ISO-ized' for so long!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

Well, thanks, TS! I really appreciate the support for my (somewhat alternate) points of view!

I'm really looking forward to having the shoe on the other foot, here, with a lot to learn about the various Food Safety programs, having been 'ISO-ized' for so long!

Welcome Andy, I'm glad you finally managed to get into the forums. I'm sure we have a lot to learn form each other.

Enjoy the discussions and if you have any questions relating to using the forums software please give me shout.

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

AndyN

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

Thanks, Simon. Despite living here in Michigan, most of my family lives in the Knutsford area, so not too far from you...

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Thanks, Simon. Despite living here in Michigan, most of my family lives in the Knutsford area, so not too far from you...

Wow Knutsford, yes that's very close. When I think of Knutsford the M6 services come to mind as they are the first or last of many services depending whether going to or from Birmingham. I've never stopped there as it’s too early on the way down and too late on the way back. :unsure: Never actually been to Knutsford itself though. When and why did you emigrate to the USA Andy?

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

AndyN

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Back in the early 90s, I was in the vanguard of the 'ISO' Certification industry moving to the USA to satisfy demand. I liked it so much that I decided to stay! And, I'm in one of the centers of food production - fruit etc - in the USA.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:10 PM

Back in the early 90s, I was in the vanguard of the 'ISO' Certification industry moving to the USA to satisfy demand. I liked it so much that I decided to stay! And, I'm in one of the centers of food production - fruit etc - in the USA.

Was it the car industry (Detroit), I imagine there was huge demand at that time. I know things have changed over recent years and at least there is food production in the region, which I wasn't aware of.

Enjoy the forums Andy.

Cheers,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users