• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

Does anybody know of any industry standards for customer standards - for examples if ours were 100 CPMU would it be excessively high or below the industry standard?

Thanks,

Gaia

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,797 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

It depends on the product (cost has a high influence on whether someone will complain and more can go wrong with some chilled complicated products and I would also argue own brand will be higher as some retailers will accept and compensate any complaint) but from experience 20 CPMU max for sandwiches, 30 CPMU max for ready meals, you're talking single figures for confectionery.

Anyone else got their rule of thumb on products they've worked on?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hi,

Does anybody know of any industry standards for customer standards - for examples if ours were 100 CPMU would it be excessively high or below the industry standard?

Thanks,

Gaia

If you work in the passeneger airline business then it's a little high, but not bad for elastic bands.

The main thing is you measure and establish your baseline and then try to improve peformance. Ask your customers how you rate against the competiion. I'm sure they will benchmark their supply base and share data with you.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

Low value dairy/desserts less than 10 CPMU.

But you are quite right it is dependent on value of the item. Also if there is a claim of quality such as "Finest" or "The Best".

I have always looked at long term trends and year on year performance. This gives an overall view of performance and also makes it easier to identify areas to focus on.

If you produce own label then there is a considerable difference in the ability of the retailers to report complaints. For instance JS has a very good system of capturing and reporting complaints and a good standard for one of their products may be less than 100 CPMU when with some of their competitors for an identical product it may be less than 5 CPMU.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

AllAboutFood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

It depends on the product (cost has a high influence on whether someone will complain and more can go wrong with some chilled complicated products and I would also argue own brand will be higher as some retailers will accept and compensate any complaint) but from experience 20 CPMU max for sandwiches, 30 CPMU max for ready meals, you're talking single figures for confectionery.

When you say 'single figures' for confectionery, do you have any more specifics? From where are you basing this information?

gcse-fhp

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 142 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

I suggest that you actively seek the highest number of complaints that is possible for every product. This is because it is not a “bad” thing to receive complaints. It is worse if you do not receive complaints because the unhappy customers are simply moving on to other brands without letting you hear about it.

I also suggest that you seek positive feedback as well and conduct root cause analyses for the positive feedback just as you must for complaints. Essentially, what I am saying is this: Feedback from consumers is always a good thing and you should take advantage of the opportunities for improvement that the feedback provides. Eventually, positive feedback will outgrow “complaints” if the right improvement actions are taken.

Some are timid and rob the world of the contributions they can otherwise make.
GCSE-Food & Health Protection
http://www.afisservices.com/gcse-fhp/index.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

I suggest that you actively seek the highest number of complaints that is possible for every product. This is because it is not a “bad” thing to receive complaints. It is worse if you do not receive complaints because the unhappy customers are simply moving on to other brands without letting you hear about it.

I also suggest that you seek positive feedback as well and conduct root cause analyses for the positive feedback just as you must for complaints. Essentially, what I am saying is this: Feedback from consumers is always a good thing and you should take advantage of the opportunities for improvement that the feedback provides. Eventually, positive feedback will outgrow “complaints” if the right improvement actions are taken.

I think this is a very enlightened view gcse-fhp; root cause analysis of positive feedback...I would never have thought to do that, but I get it. :clap:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users