Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Is it useful if we do the online SQF course. If anyone has already done this, please share your opinion.

Anish

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Pls. refer the link for the detail of the course

http://www.sqfi.com/...ing_program.htm

ewhite

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

I would reccommend the online course to people who are in the inital stages of SQF. The course does a good job of explaing the different requirements of the system as well as explaining the costs and commitment that will be neccessary to implement SQF. Then it details each requirement in the SQF 2000 code, and concludes with two, hour long lessons on how to develop a Food Safety and Food Quality Manual. Personally, I took the course after I was already familiar with the code, and had taken a webinar on, "The Fundamentals of SQF Certification". Mostly I found the course to be time consuming since you cannot skip ahead, however I did appreciate the final two lessons since those sections were the most time consuming for me. Looking back, I think I could have saved the $450 and passed the exam without the course, however I wasted alot of time figuring things out on my own that the course went over. I hope this helps! -Erika

Anish

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

Thanks Erika,

Am not the user of SQF. But well versed with 22k, So, whats your suggestion. Can I takeup the exam directly without the course after going through the SQF codes?.

I would reccommend the online course to people who are in the inital stages of SQF. The course does a good job of explaing the different requirements of the system as well as explaining the costs and commitment that will be neccessary to implement SQF. Then it details each requirement in the SQF 2000 code, and concludes with two, hour long lessons on how to develop a Food Safety and Food Quality Manual. Personally, I took the course after I was already familiar with the code, and had taken a webinar on, "The Fundamentals of SQF Certification". Mostly I found the course to be time consuming since you cannot skip ahead, however I did appreciate the final two lessons since those sections were the most time consuming for me. Looking back, I think I could have saved the $450 and passed the exam without the course, however I wasted alot of time figuring things out on my own that the course went over. I hope this helps! -Erika

ewhite

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Erika,

Am not the user of SQF. But well versed with 22k, So, whats your suggestion. Can I takeup the exam directly without the course after going through the SQF codes?.

If you have a good grasp on the SQF codes, I would say yes. The exam is straight forward, and focuses on: SQF 2000 code (specifically corrective actions, customer complaints, and critical limits), Product recall, Product development, The Food Safety Manual, and Management policies. Additionally, you have 60 days, and 3 chances to pass the exam with >75%. Although the questions change, you can re-evaluate your knowledge, and decide to still take the course if you don't pass the first time.

Anish

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks ewhite for your clear answer. I will go through the SQF Code on my own and will take up the exam. Lets check my skills!.

If you have a good grasp on the SQF codes, I would say yes. The exam is straight forward, and focuses on: SQF 2000 code (specifically corrective actions, customer complaints, and critical limits), Product recall, Product development, The Food Safety Manual, and Management policies. Additionally, you have 60 days, and 3 chances to pass the exam with >75%. Although the questions change, you can re-evaluate your knowledge, and decide to still take the course if you don't pass the first time.

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Be sure to review section 10 of the code. Also be aware that the test uses the acronym - CTM - which is not explained. It stands for certified trade mark and is asking about appropriate use of the SQF logo.

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users