• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Dear All,

I request all of you to share the information about the practices followed by your team for the calibration of milk UHT plants. Please cover the below points:-
1.Calibration checks followed during installation periods and certificates of calibration or proof given by the supplier after installation.
2. Validity of Calibration after installation.
3. Calibration requirements of temperature & pressure sensors - What interval for external & internal - and which method is followed for internal calibrations.
4.Also the name of your UHT plant provider (manufacturer details)

If you can also elaborate some more details about the Good maintenance practices of UHT plants or some useful literatures, will be highly thankful.

Regards,
anish

Edited by Anish, 10 February 2011 - 12:12 PM.

Jomy Abraham

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 40 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Dear Anish

In case of any machineries, the manual specifies the requirement of calibration.
Mostly 1 year or below is specified for all machineries
It shall be calibrated by the manufacturer or by the approved vendor.
Pressure gauges, thermometers and temperature gauges requires annual calibration by an external body.
But it can be changed upon the organization requirement. I have seen external calibration schedule of once in 3 month in few dairy plants.
Internal verification is must and it can be verified by an incternal calibrated devices.

In general, an external calibration is required once in a year and internal verification is required once in a month ( depends on devices)

I will try to get more informations about your other requirements...

Regards
Jomy Abraham

Dear All,

I request all of you to share the information about the practices followed by your team for the calibration of milk UHT plants. Please cover the below points:-
1.Calibration checks followed during installation periods and certificates of calibration or proof given by the supplier after installation.
3. Calibration requirements of temperature & pressure sensors - What interval for external & internal - and which method is followed for internal calibrations.

If you can also elaborate some more details about the Good maintenance practices of UHT plants or some useful literatures, will be highly thankful.

Regards,
anish

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

You probably have already dealt with it, but don't forget to include contact time/throughput in your calibration programme

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

Dear All,

Regards,
anish

Hi Anish

This will vary from plant to plant but generally you will want to calibrate:

Thermometers measuring holding temperature & checking steam barriers
Pressure gauges on steam and sterile air barriers
Flow meters for product flow through your holding tube (since it is usually fixed).

Calibration should be conducted before commissioning and usually verified every 3 months. As long as the methodology is traceable to international standards it can be conducted internally although I like to have an independent check periodically as well.

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 19 June 2011 - 07:36 AM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users