• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Dear All,

I have started verification of the HACCP plan,and as a results it seems like there are requirements of thorough micro risk assessment,

in my current risk assessment there is covered with M risk but m not able to identified that this control is precisely for E.G ecoli or salmonella or may be listeria..

can any one guide me on this or provide some basic refernce so i can compare that with the prodcuts we are producing

we are producing chilled ready to eat dessert,stocks,marinades ,sauces sorta products...

thanks in advance

kind regards,
shraaa

nitac

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

Environmentally, Listerial, Salmonella may be present as a risk, dependant on your environmental controls (pest control and standing water, cleaning methods, drain flow). If water is used as an ingredient there may be protozoa, Do you routinely test water / swab for specific pathogens post cleaning and during production??

From staff you may want to consider S.aureus or E.Coli as possible risks, routine hand swabbing will help identify if you have a problem.

You will need to refer to Legislation in the country you manufacture, as I only know UK law. Also, look at the raw materials you use and the risks associated with those ingredients. Ask suppliers to provide micro CofA where possible and undertake scheduled sampling.

A good book on HACCP thats easy to understand without loads of scientific mumbo jumbo is "HACCP principles and practice" by Mortimore and Wallace, I refer to this often and will give you a good insight into this and other HACCP issues.

Hope this helps!!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Dear SS2010,

Any risk analysis is product/process specific.

You need to provide more info on yr raw materials / process. eg a process flow chart.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Thanks a lot for the advice

we do monthly water testing for coliform and ecoli and doing swan on random equipment for the listeria,is these sufice??

listeria results are always negative .

thanks for the reference of the book

kind regards,
Shraaa
Environmentally, Listerial, Salmonella may be present as a risk, dependant on your environmental controls (pest control and standing water, cleaning methods, drain flow). If water is used as an ingredient there may be protozoa, Do you routinely test water / swab for specific pathogens post cleaning and during production??

From staff you may want to consider S.aureus or E.Coli as possible risks, routine hand swabbing will help identify if you have a problem.

You will need to refer to Legislation in the country you manufacture, as I only know UK law. Also, look at the raw materials you use and the risks associated with those ingredients. Ask suppliers to provide micro CofA where possible and undertake scheduled sampling.

A good book on HACCP thats easy to understand without loads of scientific mumbo jumbo is "HACCP principles and practice" by Mortimore and Wallace, I refer to this often and will give you a good insight into this and other HACCP issues.

Hope this helps!!!
[/quote]

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

Dear Charles,

Thanks a lot for being so helpful and kind to me

m sending you HACCP plan of 3 products ,please give me guidance of correction ,improvement and also offcourse micro analysis.

thanks in advance!:clap:

Dear SS2010,

Any risk analysis is product/process specific.

You need to provide more info on yr raw materials / process. eg a process flow chart.

Rgds / Charles.C
[/quote]

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

Dear SS2010,

Thks yr various attachments.

Sorry but I don’t personally hv any direct experience this product (other than consumption :smile: ). Obviously chocolate is famous for Salmonella. I deduce there are no egg-related components in the process.?

IMEX, it is preferable to separately / initially list the ingredients together with their specific BCPA risks, eg microbiological. Obviously this information is also linked to the product specification(s).?

I could make a few general observations on the hazard analysis but if anyone here has immediate process familiarity, they are welcome to contribute first. Or anyone else of course.

With respect to the CCPs given, you could perhaps post yr validations for the stated critical limits if you wish for an opinion. ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users