• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

Dear Friends,

SQF 4.4.10.1 syas that there is documented stock rotation procedure...

No w we are small company,its our practice to follow FIFO for raw material and FEFO for all the produced ,but what should i document as a requirement of procedure..

M just wondering is there sumthing I AM MISSING TO UNDERSTAND THE ELEMENT ..OR ?????

please give your suggestion

thanks in advance!!

SZY

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

If you feel not sure for preparing the manual, you may need find a consultant. He/she will check thoroughly your factory, find out where needs impovement and prepare a appropriate manual for you.

It will be very helpful for you first audit, and make your life easier.

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for your suggestion,,

If you feel not sure for preparing the manual, you may need find a consultant. He/she will check thoroughly your factory, find out where needs impovement and prepare a appropriate manual for you.

It will be very helpful for you first audit, and make your life easier.

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

I suggest that you go to the www.sqfi.com website and check for the Guide on SQF 2000 and it will give you guidance. Please remember it is only a guide and you can take the information and work through it. It is always a good idea to use a consultant as they can assist you and guide you quickly.

:biggrin:

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

stsqf

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Quote: "No w we are small company,its our practice to follow FIFO for raw material and FEFO for all the produced ,but what should i document as a requirement of procedure.."

Write your procedure to say exactly what you stated here in the above quote. It doesn't have to be difficult or lengthy just simply state what you are doing for stock rotation. If it works for you and guarantees your customers the safest, high quality product that is all SQF auditors are looking for... just simply make sure that your warehouses and production are doing what you state in the procedure. (FIFO - Raw Material, FEFO - Finished Product)

Thanked by 1 Member:

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thnaks :)

In that case i have to contact you :)

shraddha shah
I suggest that you go to the www.sqfi.com website and check for the Guide on SQF 2000 and it will give you guidance. Please remember it is only a guide and you can take the information and work through it. It is always a good idea to use a consultant as they can assist you and guide you quickly.

:biggrin:

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

Dear FRIEND,

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE FOR YOUR SUGGESTION,

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE AND YOU DID IT :clap:

MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Quote: "No w we are small company,its our practice to follow FIFO for raw material and FEFO for all the produced ,but what should i document as a requirement of procedure.."

Write your procedure to say exactly what you stated here in the above quote. It doesn't have to be difficult or lengthy just simply state what you are doing for stock rotation. If it works for you and guarantees your customers the safest, high quality product that is all SQF auditors are looking for... just simply make sure that your warehouses and production are doing what you state in the procedure. (FIFO - Raw Material, FEFO - Finished Product)

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

Agreed with stsqf :biggrin:. That's pretty much what Stock Rotation is ;) Simply document your FIFO & FEFO procedures. Ensure it is also part of your induction training program.

As you progress with your SQF implementation, you will find that there are certain elements that must be part of Induction Training. When I developed my first SQF program, I developed the Induction Training Schedule as I progressed to ensure all elements were captured.

And I agree, you probably should invest in a consultant. Lots of people find Business Continuity and Food Defense a challenge.

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Dear Friends,

SQF 4.4.10.1 syas that there is documented stock rotation procedure...

No w we are small company,its our practice to follow FIFO for raw material and FEFO for all the produced ,but what should i document as a requirement of procedure..

M just wondering is there sumthing I AM MISSING TO UNDERSTAND THE ELEMENT ..OR ?????

please give your suggestion

thanks in advance!!

From SQF:

You must outline persons and/or positions responsible for documenting and implementing the rotation
program. Substitute this: You must implement a stock rotation program and document that program in a written procedure. The position responsible for implementing and maintaining the program must be clearly
defined Your program must meet your needs and your customer’s requirements.
A stock rotation is different than the “first in, first out” (FIFO) program. It is designed to manage product
shelf life and codes based on customer specifications, conditions of the product, storage locations, and inventory management. The criteria that determines when products are not to follow the FIFO process
should be defined so that proper stock rotation can be achieved by the facility

Regards,

Tony

SS2010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your time,

A stock rotation is different than the “first in, first out” (FIFO) program.

thats make me confuse here!!

Thats what we are following for the stock rotation....

So what do you reckon,whats the expectations of SQF with this procedure

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your time,

A stock rotation is different than the “first in, first out” (FIFO) program.

thats make me confuse here!!

Thats what we are following for the stock rotation....

So what do you reckon,whats the expectations of SQF with this procedure

You should not follow FIFO blindly but have responsibilities and a defined system for checking codes on stock coming in and stock going out to ensure that the oldest stock is used first and that stock being sent out meets customer minimum shelf life requirements. As it says there should be an inventory of stock which would include details of its code.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

Agreed with Tony:

You should not follow FIFO blindly but have responsibilities and a defined system for checking codes on stock coming in and stock going out to ensure that the oldest stock is used first and that stock being sent out meets customer minimum shelf life requirements. As it says there should be an inventory of stock which would include details of its code.

FIFO shouldn't be followed blindly. No element of food safety should be. Everything requires documentation and where applicable, backed up with signs, forms, records, etc.

Attached is a sample Stock Rotation. Bear in mind, it's for products with a short shelf life and finished product is only made to order. :biggrin: FIFO is documented within.

Attached Files

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Thanked by 5 Members:

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Totally agree with the comments made by Tony- C and JAKMQA.

The stock rotaion document that JAKMA posted shall be usful for many who are not sure. :clap:

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users