Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

We want to improve our chocolate coatings and are looking for a consultant on this topic with enough experience. We are talking about coatings for ice creams, that harden when they are applied. If you can recommend someone please do so. We are located in guatemala so we would rather have someone from the U.S. or Mexico, maybe Europe. Thank you,

cosmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

We want to improve our chocolate coatings and are looking for a consultant on this topic with enough experience. We are talking about coatings for ice creams, that harden when they are applied. If you can recommend someone please do so. We are located in guatemala so we would rather have someone from the U.S. or Mexico, maybe Europe. Thank you,

Mariajo
Are you using compound or couverture chocolate?

Ian R

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 121 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hi

Coconut oil could be the answer to hardening of chocolate in frozen conditions, it would made it brittle not hard

but you will be best talking to US & mexico Chocolate suppliers who is out there to come and help, some suppliers will do this free as part of there services.

Thanked by 1 Member:

B T Gorti

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi

I am a food technologist from India. If interested let me know the your coating issues?
thanks
btgorti

Bojan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Croatia
    Croatia

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

You can try to contact Fuji Oil, they have experience with fats for that.
We also produce coatings for ice cream, and we have good experience with them.

Thanked by 1 Member:

mariajo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thank you. we are trying to copy a cheaper coating but we have not been able to do so. This other coating is very thick and ours is thin. Do you know if that is due to a higher percentage of oil or is it another oil with a higher melting point? Regards,

Maria Jose
Hi

I am a food technologist from India. If interested let me know the your coating issues?
thanks
btgorti

[/quote]

mariajo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Guatemala
    Guatemala

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

We are using a mixture of cocoa powder and palm oil.

Mariajo
Are you using compound or couverture chocolate?

eadr

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ecuador
    Ecuador

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

It depends of the fat phase!!! if you need further information let me know I have been working in that field

srose

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Trinidad and Tobago
    Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

Good day. I need some help with a chocolate coating for ice cream & I see some persons here with experience.

Our chocolate coating is setting in 9 seconds after dipping but we need it to set in about 3 seconds. We are using coconut oil (unhydrogenated), powdered sugar, hydrogenated palm oil, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, vanilla - in that order of ingredients.

Any help in improving the hardening will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users