Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello. We need to develope a rework procedure for our meat cooked products, do you have ani guidelines for it? Thank you very mouch! It shoul include the product that already went to the store and brought back because it lost the vaccum, the product that doesn´t meet finished product specification and other topics

Thank you for your help

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Dear Becky,

am in vegetables and fruit processing and this is our rework procedure.

PROCEDURES FOR RE-WORK OF PRODUCT

Scope: This procedure is followed when there is a product that requires being re-worked. Rework of product is kept to the minimal but where it has to be done, and then the procedure below is followed. Rework is avoided but where it has to be done then it is done in a safe manner ensuring that full traceability is maintained.

Procedure:

The QC intake every morning goes through all the raw material and packed product balances to verify that they are ok.

Any product that does not meet specifications and is still good quality is label as ON HOLD.

The planning team is then informed of such product and the expected yield upon re-work.

The product is then re-called by the production team from the stores departments.

A QC intake then releases the product after filling the product recall sheet and supervises to ensure the product meets all the safety, quality and legality requirements after re-packing and fills the packed product positive release form.

Re work is done in such a manner to ensure full traceability is maintained.

Regards,Kamwenji

Thanked by 2 Members:

Becky

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thank you very much!!!

QAfood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Dear Becky,

am in vegetables and fruit processing and this is our rework procedure.

PROCEDURES FOR RE-WORK OF PRODUCT

Scope: This procedure is followed when there is a product that requires being re-worked. Rework of product is kept to the minimal but where it has to be done, and then the procedure below is followed. Rework is avoided but where it has to be done then it is done in a safe manner ensuring that full traceability is maintained.

Procedure:

The QC intake every morning goes through all the raw material and packed product balances to verify that they are ok.

Any product that does not meet specifications and is still good quality is label as ON HOLD.

The planning team is then informed of such product and the expected yield upon re-work.

The product is then re-called by the production team from the stores departments.

A QC intake then releases the product after filling the product recall sheet and supervises to ensure the product meets all the safety, quality and legality requirements after re-packing and fills the packed product positive release form.

Re work is done in such a manner to ensure full traceability is maintained.

Regards,Kamwenji

Will QA and QC Manager decide if a product needs reworked? Do we need forms to be filled out and a protocol to follow?

So sorry I am asking so many questions but I am really new to all this and learning by myself (company expects us to just do a procedure without knowing what it is)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ivan G.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Will QA and QC Manager decide if a product needs reworked? Do we need forms to be filled out and a protocol to follow?

So sorry I am asking so many questions but I am really new to all this and learning by myself (company expects us to just do a procedure without knowing what it is)

I was actually hired as a Occupational Safety Manager and then got tossed also as a food safety manager, we are learning as we go on.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hello. We need to develope a rework procedure for our meat cooked products, do you have ani guidelines for it? Thank you very mouch! It shoul include the product that already went to the store and brought back because it lost the vaccum, the product that doesn´t meet finished product specification and other topics

Thank you for your help

Maybe I am not reading this right, but do you want to rework cooked meats that went to the store and now is brought back because it lost vacuum?  Is the product compromised due to the loss of vacuum, is temperature an issue and if so how do you know it was in the correct range?  Think procedure also needs to clearly define what is acceptable for rework and what is not. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users