• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Please please

I am having a blonde moment. I have a BRC audit monday and I need a risk assessment for my schedule for my internal audits

Please can you help me :thumbdown: :helpplease: :helpplease: :helpplease:

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

QSDA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hi
Dont know if this will help, but satisfied my auditer

QSDA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

sorry no file

Attached Files

Ken

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:WORK: ISO / FSSC 22000 & ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training,
    PLAY: Music concerts/festivals. Folk & Heavy Rock!. Play various instruments, including mandolin, guitar, banjo and bouzouki.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

You could start with Fundamental clauses twice per year and everything else once per year.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Dear QSDA,

I missed this post. Thks.!

Very ingenious (IMO) response to the BRC’s ridiculous (IMO) addiction to risk assessments.

I hv two queries –

1.Is there any logical (ie scientific validation) support for the additive procedure in yr risk matrix or was it purely dreamed up?. My statistical knowledge is highly wobbly but surely 2 independent contributions can only be combined via a multiplicative route ? I hv previously seen a few other examples like yours and equally wondered.
2.The highly detailed risk data as you show appears to demand a considerable backup resource of data analysis/compilation in case an auditor requests some validation. You really possessed such data ? IMEX, routine hygiene data is invariably available but for a lot of the rest, urghh!
Or was the listing accepted as an “experience” inspired evaluation, ie the auditor only expected a token gesture ?
I’m guessing the actuality was somewhere in-between, ie a (very) limited validatory procedure ? If so, can you elaborate a little ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

BTW Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

jaredkkrischel

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

Can you upload the file as a .rtf? I have an older version of Microsoft Word and cannot open a .docx file

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

Dear jaredkkrischel,

I hv the same problem and tried to get people to upload pdfs but hv now succumbed to the modern era by finding a fairly simple alternative which has so far proven very capable for me (XP-SP2 / Word 2003 user).

Can download / install the (free) “abiword” which is a very small (approx. 10MB) download / quite popular pseudo-Word program.
Save the docx to hard drive.
Right click docx file in explorer (Xp) and select properties.
In the “open file with” area, click “change” and (for me anyway) abiword appears as an alternative choice which select . > ok etc as required. (if it doesn’t appear as choice, will hv to select the alternative “choose from a list” and enter the actual .exe location or its desktop shortcut.)
After this (usually) short procedure, only hv to doubleclick any downloaded/saved docx file and abiword will open it automatically. Not failed me yet regardless of content, tables whatever. Can also re-save file as a (2003-compatible) normal word document if wish to edit.

Don’t know if it is Vista, Win7 etc compatible though. My machine is still in the dark ages :smile: . There are other more specific solutions but IMEX many of them failed with tables and things due formatting complexity.

Rgds / Charles.C

ADDED much later - one caveat to above, abiword seeems to not show the headers/footers correctly (and same problem with several other programs in varying ways, Charles Chew's following pdf is probably accurate)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi all,

I have converted this to pdf file. Hope this will take care of any uploading problems. Anyway, this is just an internal audit schedule and I am still not sure what risk assessment for internal audit schedule is needed for :dunno:

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Sorry on the attachment.Attached File  3.05.03 DOC Internal Audit HA.pdf   39.5KB   325 downloads

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Thanked by 4 Members:

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hi all,

I have converted this to pdf file. Hope this will take care of any uploading problems. Anyway, this is just an internal audit schedule and I am still not sure what risk assessment for internal audit schedule is needed for :dunno:

This has confused me also. Why would there be a risk assessment on an Internal Audit Schedule?

Can anyone answer this?

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

This has confused me also. Why would there be a risk assessment on an Internal Audit Schedule?

Can anyone answer this?

The only thing I can think of is clause 1.6 "The review process shall be undertaken at appropriate planned intervals, as a minimum annually, to ensure critical evaluation of the food safety plan and the HACCP system's suitability, adequacy and effectiveness."
My assumption would be that the RA is used to "plan" review frequency.

Personally I don't see the need for a RA. As stated somewhere above, I'd just audit the Fundamental clauses twice a year and leave the rest to the minimum requirements as stated in 1.6.

Marshall

Edited by mgourley, 12 June 2011 - 08:10 PM.

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

The only thing I can think of is clause 1.6 "The review process shall be undertaken at appropriate planned intervals, as a minimum annually, to ensure critical evaluation of the food safety plan and the HACCP system's suitability, adequacy and effectiveness."
My assumption would be that the RA is used to "plan" review frequency.

Personally I don't see the need for a RA. As stated somewhere above, I'd just audit the Fundamental clauses twice a year and leave the rest to the minimum requirements as stated in 1.6.

Marshall

Yeah thanks Marshall. I agree with you! Good to know I wasn't missing something.

Cheers.

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users