• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is it better to bunch all knives, pen, stationery, jewellery policies?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Peerawas.Wong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:41 AM

At first I created glass/brittle plastic policy and gonna create knives/pen policy but after study go through this things... I have to control stationery (ruler,staple,paper clip. tape) also bandage which it's metal detectable one.... and recently read in this forum about jewellery control!

So do you think it's possible or better idea to bunch them together!?! I'm working on it!

So after finish I might ask you for suggest and correct grammar! Which I might forget or my company doesnt provide the right thing!!

Thank you!
Peter

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

Personally I don't think it matters but I tend to do separate documents so it's a smaller amount to retrain if there's a change. I think I've always included Jewellery and metal detectable plasters in a personal hygiene policy though then had separate glass policy, knife policy, pen policy etc.

Thanked by 1 Member:

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

I have always tended to pack several issues into a fewer number of programs. I easily foudn what I needed, because I had written the program. However, I found that as others took over the programs, there was confusion because they did not know where everything was located. I now tend to write smaller specific programs, and combine only those issues that really go together. I also agree with GMO above that this tends to make (re)training easier.

Strait Consulting

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

A good cross-reference indexing your procedures to the clause #s in the standards by which you are audited eliminates all confusion. That being the case I hold by KISS - keep it simple, stupid - the less procedures the better. Bunch metal, glass, etc into a single "Foreign Material Control Program". Knives, pens, stationary, jewelry are relevant also to "Personnel Practices" - in that case pick one procedure to be its home and the other with a subheading listing simply "see_____".

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

At first I created glass/brittle plastic policy and gonna create knives/pen policy but after study go through this things... I have to control stationery (ruler,staple,paper clip. tape) also bandage which it's metal detectable one.... and recently read in this forum about jewellery control!

So do you think it's possible or better idea to bunch them together!?! I'm working on it!

So after finish I might ask you for suggest and correct grammar! Which I might forget or my company doesnt provide the right thing!!

Thank you!
Peter

Did you make any progress with this Peter?
If you need any proof readers let us know.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Yousef

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Thank you!
Peter

Can anyone provide a sample of Knife policy?

Thanks,
YOUSEF

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Can anyone provide a sample of Knife policy?

Thanks,
YOUSEF

This is what I have:

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Yousef

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

This is what I have:

Thanks for prividing the "Knife and Blade Program". It helped a lot.

Regards,
YOUSEF

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

I agree with what GMO has suggested as this is exactly what I preach to my clients here in Australia. I belive in keeping things simple but effective too!!

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users