• 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius
  • Interests:Nutrition, food safety, swimming, books, Nature walks

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hi all,

I am a freelance trainer/ consultant in food safety management and quality management.

I've been around the site quite a number of times but never found the correct timing or period of time to post anything.

but it's just such a great website that I very often use for referencing before going elsewhere for information.

I do not know if feed safety is of concern to any IFSQN members, but I am currently involved in such a project and would like some help on how to approach the training.
I would like to know if anyone is involved in feed safety systems under GMP+ International (it's for FEED safety)?

If yes, has someone worked through the recent upgrade from GMP+B2 (2006) to GMP+B3 (2007)?

I have a training to do on the upgrades and would like to know if anyone has done that before and could help?

Thank you,
Zeinab

Raj21

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hi Zeinab,

I am a Lead auditor for GMP+ feed programs.

GMP B2 (2006) was earlier inclusive of the Feed ingredient producers and traders alike,all scopes combined.

GMP B3 (2007) is now inclusive of only Trade,Collection,Storage and transhipment.(3 scopes).We have infact covered some companies for the B3 standard.

As against your request for changes in the transition which you could include are that

-there is now more focus on PRP's and inclusions of certain procedures has been made mandatory.
-Earlier standards did have a requirement of these but was not compulsory.
-Again trade specific requirements in clauses have to be addressed to the trainees.
-Internal audit and MRM have been changed to in depth and specific.

Appendix requirements such as BA1 for undesirables,BA4 for sampling and BA10 for purchase have been updated.

These are few of the things which could strike my mind at the moment.Hope it is useful.

Regards,
Rajesh Naik.

Thanked by 1 Member:

FOQUS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I have, in fact, included the points you mentioned.

The company is also ISO 9001:2008 certified and has been using the QMS, with some HACCP documentation addition as a basis for GMP+B2 certification.

But I believe, the GMP+B3 lays more emphasis on the feed safety perspective and this should be reflected in the documentation and system approach to implementation. Correct me if not, please.

The HACCP Clause itself seem to be more comprehensive in the approach as compared to the general/ specific control measures approach in GMP+B2.

I am annexing a cross reference table for comparison btween the 2 standards. If possible, give me your opinion on the document and then if worth we can post it in here for other members to use.

Thank you,

Zeinab

FOQUS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

hi,

I think the attachment did not get through earlier.

Trying to post it againg.

ZeinabAttached File  CROSS REFERENCE BETWEEN GMP+ Stds.docx   26.95KB   67 downloads

Raj21

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

hi,

I think the attachment did not get through earlier.

Trying to post it againg.

ZeinabAttached File  CROSS REFERENCE BETWEEN GMP+ Stds.docx   26.95KB   67 downloads

Hi Zeinab,

The attachment looks good.

Only additions I feel could be expansion of requirements in Clause 8.

Regarding Customer complaints,MRM & Internal audit.

The last two points have gone much in depth in comparison to the old B2.

You have mandatory inputs and outputs for MRM,similar to ISO22K and Internal audit is a bit descriptive.

Moreover Appendix BA1 for undesirables makes a big difference in making it a product + system based certification.

Kind regards,
Rajesh.

FOQUS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for reviewing the comparison.

I think i overlooked the Clause 8 since my client is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and these requirements are already in-built in this system.

But it is true that I should review those in line with the Feed Safety System requirements.

I have gone into detailed for the Appendix BA1 as well but not included it yet in this table.
Will update it as well as cross-referenced the GMP+B3 against ISO 9001:2008 and HACCP( Codex) before posting it again.

cheers,

Zeinab

tij - 5S 9001 14001 18001

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

Hello from Malaysia.

I am not a food expert. I am more into Japanese 5S, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.

My friend asked me to help a Transport Company (trading in feedstock) to apply for GMP+ B3.
* Start from zero and without having ISO 9001 or HACCP.

So, any feedstock expert out there want to participate in the assignment?

Regards,

Mr BH Soh
* 1o June 2011 (10:45 am local time)

Hi all,

I am a freelance trainer/ consultant in food safety management and quality management.

I've been around the site quite a number of times but never found the correct timing or period of time to post anything.

but it's just such a great website that I very often use for referencing before going elsewhere for information.

I do not know if feed safety is of concern to any IFSQN members, but I am currently involved in such a project and would like some help on how to approach the training.
I would like to know if anyone is involved in feed safety systems under GMP+ International (it's for FEED safety)?

If yes, has someone worked through the recent upgrade from GMP+B2 (2006) to GMP+B3 (2007)?

I have a training to do on the upgrades and would like to know if anyone has done that before and could help?

Thank you,
Zeinab

Edited by Charles.C, 10 June 2011 - 02:52 AM.
Removed URL

FOQUS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hello Mr BH Soh,

If the company is only a Trading company, it can apply for GMP+B3 Trade or GMP+B3.2 Trade to livestock farms depending on its scope of activities.

It can go for GMP+B3 (2007) Trade, collection, storage and transhipment if the company deals with collection, storage and transport of feeds too (over and above trade).
This standard certifies the transport component only if trading company is also the owner of the feed.

Otherwise Transport is to be certified under either of the following depending on type of transport: GMP+ B4.1 (road transport)- GMP+B4.5. The other standards cover sea affreightment, rail transport,inland waterways.....

I say all this under the correction of qualified feedstock experts on this forum since I do not come from a feed background but food safety/quality management.
I have just found myself in this field and am still learning about feed standards

Regards,
FOQUS

Hello from Malaysia.

I am not a food expert. I am more into Japanese 5S, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.

My friend asked me to help a Transport Company (trading in feedstock) to apply for GMP+ B3.
* Start from zero and without having ISO 9001 or HACCP.

So, any feedstock expert out there want to participate in the assignment?

Regards,

Mr BH Soh
* 1o June 2011 (10:45 am local time)

tij - 5S 9001 14001 18001

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

Hello again and apologies for the delayed replies.

Okay, the project is now on and I need any Freelance Consultant to participate in the project.

1. I will do on site you asked me to get data, collect data.

2. The actual business is transport of Edible Palm Oil using road tankers (all out-sourced)

3. You will help in all the CCP, documents, etc. Please state your fees.

Thank You!

Mr BH Soh

Bhawani Gorti

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 48 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food safety and compliance expert

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:59 AM

Thanks you all especially Mr. Rajesh Naik for sharing comparison of GMP+ B3 with other standards.

B T Gorti
food safety and compliance expert

Skype id-Saradiro Services
website-www.saradiro.com

Bhawani Gorti

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 48 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food safety and compliance expert

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

Hi Mr. Rajesh Naik

I am working on probiotic aqua and poultry feed ingredients for GMP+. Would like to know how to start and move farward. Any suggestion will help me to organize my this project.

thanks 

B T Gorti
food safety and compliance expert

Skype id-Saradiro Services
website-www.saradiro.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users