• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hi guys,

we are currently upgrating our ISO 22000 certification to FSSC 22000. Last week we had our 1. stage audit and one of our non-conformities is a missing list of all relevant legislation and the evaluation of its impact on our plant/product.

Sure we have several things on file and know some laws that we have to comply to but it is no systematical list evaluation and management of the revisions. I guess we have to consider some laws that do apply to all food and some specifically to cocoa products.

As I guess a lot of people have already collected this information at least on the general food products based on the EU law, I thought I might not have to re-do the job. than I could start from that point and add the specific ones and any other German ones.
Thanks for sharing your work!

Best regards
Beanny

alina1901

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Romania
    Romania

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Dear Beanny,

I have had last year a certification audit regarding FSSC22000, and one of the remarks it was referring to applicable law. i have found a good system to be in line: we have a suscription to a site which keep me update with all the changes regarding applicable laws in my field.

As long as you can proove that you are aware about the changes, then I belive it is ok. Also you may take ike in consideration (during management review) the relevant changes wich may affect your products.

I hope that my answer will be helpfull.

regards, Alina

Hi guys,

we are currently upgrating our ISO 22000 certification to FSSC 22000. Last week we had our 1. stage audit and one of our non-conformities is a missing list of all relevant legislation and the evaluation of its impact on our plant/product.

Sure we have several things on file and know some laws that we have to comply to but it is no systematical list evaluation and management of the revisions. I guess we have to consider some laws that do apply to all food and some specifically to cocoa products.

As I guess a lot of people have already collected this information at least on the general food products based on the EU law, I thought I might not have to re-do the job. than I could start from that point and add the specific ones and any other German ones.

Best regards
Beanny

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Hi guys,

Best regards
Beanny

Hi Beanny,

I believe Simon has posted this link before: Dr D J Jukes at University of Reading provides a lot of useful information on food legislation

Regards,

Tony

wahlja

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hello. New user and new to Food Safety standardization. This site is a wealth of information and helpfulness and for that I thank you.

My company is a food-contact packaging manufacturer. I have searched for resources on statutory & regulatory requirements also searching these forums but had no luck as of yet. We are a US based business with 99% North American distribution but we do have occasional customers world-wide. I am at a loss where to go. The above recommended link does not work to the domain: (http://www.reading.ac.uk/)

Any advice on where one could look?
Thank you much!
Joe

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users