Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

I’ve been going into Home Bargains for a while picking up some…well bargains. Today I had to nip into Tesco to get one of my sons some last minute school clothes, whilst there I had to get a bottle of Cussons Morning Fresh Lemon Washing Up Liquid. 92p for 450ml; reluctantly I purchased knowing that at Home Bargains I can pick up a 675ml bottle for 57p.

Tesco 0.2p per ml
Home Bargains 0.08per ml

That’s just one example of how the big boys are ripping us off…and the tens of pounds that can be saved each week by shopping around. A vitally important pursuit in this age of austerity.

Have I got nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

cesspadilla

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

I’ve been going into Home Bargains for a while picking up some…well bargains. Today I had to nip into Tesco to get one of my sons some last minute school clothes, whilst there I had to get a bottle of Cussons Morning Fresh Lemon Washing Up Liquid. 92p for 450ml; reluctantly I purchased knowing that at Home Bargains I can pick up a 675ml bottle for 57p.

Tesco 0.2p per ml
Home Bargains 0.08per ml

That’s just one example of how the big boys are ripping us off…and the tens of pounds that can be saved each week by shopping around. A vitally important pursuit in this age of austerity.

Have I got nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you're a really wise shopper Simon! I on the other hand have a habit of getting whatever items in the stand without even checking out if the brand or other stores provide a much cheaper offer. Might as well start to straighten up and save up some money.. :)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users