HZT-MYANMAR

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Myanmar
    Myanmar
  • Interests:In our company, We all tried to maintain the ISO22000-2005 Standard. At the same time we would try for getting BRC (issued-6) Certification. (Since Our products is low risk products and they were intended to export to international market segments.)

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

We are developing ISO-22000-2005 system in our factory which is processing Beans & Pulses (somebody knows as Lentil and Legumes) .
So, our coumtry, as a third world country, we are very difficult to find out the right solution to start this tracebility procedure.
If somebody have an idea for our issues, please guide or share me how should we go for it.

Our Process in brief is .. Raw Receiving, Drying, Husking, splitting, sorting , polishing and bagging.
Thanks a lot of your sharing.

HZT-MYANMAR

Philips

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Reading, sharing with other professionals,driving and a humble drinker

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Traceability need not be complicated. Do it simply by devising a format that will be able to contain all the details as pertains all processes; e.g. when you receive beans, what date, by which transporter, who receives and so on; while husking; who does, when to when, and so on to other processes. Dont complicate it. BUT MOST IMPORTANT, your records should be able to assit you in reconciling between what you received, what you have in store and what you have dispatched

Thanked by 1 Member:

jonfll

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Currently we are using a simple process for traceability. We are a rice milling facility. We assign raw material a lot # as it comes in, it is put into a numbered bin, as it is milled it is given a mill lot #, then placed in a numbered bin. When bagging we use an ink roller that rolls this sequence of numbers on the bag. It contains Mill lot #, date it was milled and date it was packaged. Hope this helps.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Currently, I make some practical traceability in small companies.

Step one : coming in

A sheet with date, type raw material, supplier, BB date, Lot number, weight/quantity, the date we start to use it, the date we end to use this lot

Step two : production

A sheet with date, the type of product, weight/quantities, the date we start to sell it, the date we end to sell the lot

With full recipes sheets and invoices, traceability is made : i know for which products I use the raw materials, i know the clients who buy my products.
For the days we change the raw materials / production date, we recall all sellings of that day. It's a little more expensive, but quite easier.

Mathieu Colmant

Consultant in Food Safety - Brussels & London

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users