• Quick Navigation
Photo

How do you handle non-conformity related to monetary loss?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

This is a hypothetical question but I would appreciate your opinion. How do you handle non-conformity related to monetary loss? Is the company responsible for the entire cost? Will the loss be shouldered by both the company and the erring employee? Or should the department head be equally liable together with the erring employee...more so if investigation results show that the root cause was due to "negligence"?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Company is responsible for all costs. You cannot fine or take money from employees, even in a case of negligence...unless you take it through the courts.

That's my opinion.

The company employs the people and they are responsible for ensuring they are competent and also for ensuring that systems are in place to prevent errors...whatever there causes.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:22 AM

Company is responsible for all costs. You cannot fine or take money from employees, even in a case of negligence...unless you take it through the courts.

That's my opinion.

The company employs the people and they are responsible for ensuring they are competent and also for ensuring that systems are in place to prevent errors...whatever there causes.

Regards,
Simon

I totally agreeing with everything you said. If some sort of negligence was involved, then it could be addressed by training and motivation. Both are managment responsibilities.

dgsorg

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My wife and kids, drag racing, playing music, reading.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I agree with Simon. If we have an issue of this nature, the employee is subject to varying levels of discipline, up to the point of job termination, depending on the severity of the matter and the employees level of training. Responsibility also lies in the hands of the employee's supervisor and they too can face disciplinary action.
I might also add that we fully investigate each situation and provide additional training if needed. But the company, in the end, assumes all expenses.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

Although sometimes it would be nice to dish out fines and perhaps even more stringent punishment from time to time.

Naughty operator (or manager) :cm: me

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users