• Quick Navigation
Photo

Procedure to manage Potentially Unsafe Product?.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Luigirobert

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 24 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Hello guys.

I have a question, do I need to create one procedure to manage the potentially unsafe product?.. or just I need to adapt the clause 7.10.3 of the ISO 22000:2005 on the Non Conforming Procedure ( that I already have under the ISO 9001:2008)?.

My question is, because, on the non conforming procedure, states that, the potentially unsafe product pass directly to destroy, and never returns to the normal process to use again.

thanks in advance.

Roberto.

alina1901

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Romania
    Romania

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hi Roberto,

In my opinion, you only have to addapt your Nonconforming procedure. Normally in this procedure you should take in consideration the possible nonconformities situations. In this case pottential unsafe products may appear. Before to decide to destroy theese potential unsafe products maybe is better to analyse the situation and decide that only unsafe products are destroid.

In the company where I work, the nonconforming products / potential unsafe are isolated in special identified places, in ordered to prevent their unintended delivery. All batches of products, which could be affected by a nonconformity situation, are isolated until analyses are finalized and is established the treatment way.

kind regards,

Alina

Thanked by 1 Member:

agwanda

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Quality Management Systems, Food Safety (ISO 22000:2005) HACCP, Microbiology, Food Processing and Packaging

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Dear Roberto,

I hope that for each products you deal with their are specifications that have to be met to ascertain that your product standards are met. That notwithstanding, non conforming products can be dealt with in varoius ways:

Discard-Destroy, Reprocess etc but only after having done a risk assessment for the product in question. Not all products can be destroyed: Kindly check this link for more info:

http://www.qualitydi...nonconform.html

Agwanda

The sky is the limit..........!

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users