• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone has had the enthusiasm yet as to come up with a gap analysis between SQF2000 Ver. 6 and SQF2000 Ver 7??? I really don't want to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done. Can anyone help me here?

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

The following is from the SQF website:

Technical Update: Revising the SQF Code for a Changing Marketplace

September 28, 2011 by SQFI

In an ever-evolving food safety culture, the SQF Institute has prided itself on quickly adapting to changes in the food safety and certification marketplace. This year, the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) released version 6 of its Guidance Document, which required all existing GFSI-recognized schemes to resubmit their code for benchmarking by the end of this year.

SQF Institute took this opportunity to review and revise the SQF codes to not only meet the requirements of the GFSI Guidance Document, but also to remove duplication as well as clarify areas of concern or ambiguity.

As a result, SQF Institute combined both the SQF 1000 and SQF 2000 codes to create one streamlined code that includes modules for all industry scopes outlined in GFSI’s latest Guidance Document – creating one standard for the global supply chain.

“The revised version of the SQF Code will provide SQF stakeholders with a farm-to-fork solution to food safety,” said LeAnn Chuboff, Senior Technical Director at the SQF Institute. “Suppliers along the supply chain will be able to demonstrate their commitment to establishing a food safety culture.”

Other revisions include removing the scoring for Opportunities for Improvement (OIPs) and revising the auditor and certification body criteria to strengthen the auditor competency training and compliance activities.

These recommended revisions were provided to stakeholders and the Technical Advisory Council (TAC) for review in July, and the revised SQF Code was submitted in September. Benchmarking is expected from GFSI by January 2012.

Implementation of the new SQF Code will begin in January 2012 with the development of supporting materials for training and technical documents, including new guidance documents. The goal will be to have new and existing sites certified under the new SQF Code by July 2012.

The SQF Institute will continue to update stakeholders on the implementation process throughout the year. Get the latest information on these changes by visiting our website or our Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts. For further questions, please email info@sqfi.com.

Thanked by 2 Members:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone has had the enthusiasm yet as to come up with a gap analysis between SQF2000 Ver. 6 and SQF2000 Ver 7??? I really don't want to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done. Can anyone help me here?

I am not aware of a gap analysis as of yet, however there is a nifty conversion chart available that was put out by SQFI. It was available at the St. Louis conference. If you need a copy let me know and I'll send you one.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

KarenC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Greetings all,

Here is alink you might find useful.
http://www.sqfi.com/...-Change-Map.pdf

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

Greetings all,

Change out roadmap is available as a free PDF download from sqfi.com

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 107 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I got some quality LULz out of the number of mistakes I found in the change map while converting my templates from 2000 Ed. 6 to Ed. 7...

I wonder who is in charge of their document review

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users