Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hi All. I believe that M&S have recently released a Code of Practice outlining their mimimum requirements for controls around date-coding etc. Does anyone have a copy they are able to share please, or perhaps a summary of the key points?

thanks in advance

Z

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Anyone familiar with this code of practice, do M & S normally release their documents freely?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Mark Munro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hi All. I believe that M&S have recently released a Code of Practice outlining their mimimum requirements for controls around date-coding etc. Does anyone have a copy they are able to share please, or perhaps a summary of the key points?

thanks in advance

Z

Anyone familiar with this code of practice, do M & S normally release their documents freely?

Regards,
Simon

Hi,

The company I work for are an approved raw material supplier for M&S. I am not familiar with the particular code of practice in question however all their documents are (or at least were) available on a web site that could be accessed by suppliers I know that we have a login and password that I have been using when getting our lab up to M&S approval status (still in progress). So if you are an approved supplier someone in you company should have access to the site and should be able to get the document. However I think the site has been getting hanged arund a bit as last time I was on it the links to the individual COP's were not there anymore, been moved somewhere else.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Munro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Spelling was a bit off in the above. Meant to say the M&S site has been getting changed around a bit so the links to the SOP's are not where they were. Haven't figured out where yet which is a problem since I was wanting to check a few thing regarding some lab methods.

Regards,

Mark

Scotty

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 73 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

From past experience, primary labelling checks for M&S should be done using an automated/ computerised system:

• 2.10.1 (ESSENTIAL) Automatic systems must be in place to verify that the correct packaging, labelling and coding is in place on all Marks & Spencer finished retail food products. The system must have the flexibility to suit and accommodate a wide range of production line formats including the ability to control on-line label verification and date coding equipment.
Where this is not available - a manual system can be used. This does require a derogation from the relevant Technologist from M&S.

• 2.10.2 Manual checking systems must be in operation for the control and monitoring of packaging and coding as defined in the M&S COP. Where automated systems are in operation, the level of manual checks can be reduced following writing agreement with the M&S Technologist.
Attached was a gap analysis I did a few years ago, hope this can give you some direction.

Regards

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users