• Quick Navigation
Photo

What to expect on My first SQF documentation audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
- - - - -

retep

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I have my first desk audit in 2 days and just wondering what to expect from it ? What are some areas that auditors tend to find. I feel I am pretty well prepared but I am still worried something will go wrong. Any tips ?

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I have my first desk audit in 2 days and just wondering what to expect from it ? What are some areas that auditors tend to find. I feel I am pretty well prepared but I am still worried something will go wrong. Any tips ?

The auditor will go through your manual and check if all the requirements ("shalls") are addressed.

L.M.R.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

In my opinion, the Documentation audit is the easy part, its the facility audit that tough. You can control all the paperwork, but when the auditor starts asking employees questions, you can only watch helplessly and hope the employee was paying attention during training.

Good luck..

Thanked by 1 Member:

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

L.M.R. is correct; the Doc Audit is the easy part. You can't fail this, in fact according to our auditor your docs must be in order before the walk through audit is conducted, so if there are non-conformances in your documentation you can apply corrective actions without affecting your final audit score.

Thanked by 1 Member:

mind over matter

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 369 posts
  • 44 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

retep,

The Stage 1 Assessment is to determine if you are ready for the Stage 2. Stage 1 leans more toward documentation then anything else. There will most likely be a "touch the surface" review of your facility. After that, they will determine if you are ready for the Stage 2. Have all basic/minimum steps to meet requirements been put into place?

As what others said, there will/might generate NCs during the Stage 1 assessment. Take the appropriate action on the NCs.

Edited by mind over matter, 06 January 2012 - 12:00 AM.

sgedvilas

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Speaking SQF...For a Food-Contact Packaging facility, does anyone have a template for Dociuments List, or a template for Raw Materials or Packaging procedures?
Thanks!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users