• IFSQN Member
  • 142 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the GFSI organization distributes copies of the benchmarked standards or is there another organization, apart from the individual standard owners, where one can go to obtain all of the copies? More specifically, where can one obtain all of the current copies for:

BRC
FSSC 22000
International Food Standard
and
SQF 2000?

How much do these cost?

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.

gcse-fhp

Edited by gcse-fhp, 13 January 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Some are timid and rob the world of the contributions they can otherwise make.
GCSE-Food & Health Protection
http://www.afisservices.com/gcse-fhp/index.html

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the GFSI organization distributes copies of the benchmarked standards or is there another organization, apart from the individual standard owners, where one can go to obtain all of the copies? More specifically, where can one obtain all of the current copies for:

BRC
FSSC 22000
International Food Standard
and
SQF 2000?

How much do these cost?

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.

gcse-fhp

You can obtain a free copy of the standards for SQF at www.sqfi.com

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

gcse-fhp

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 142 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

You can obtain a free copy of the standards for SQF at www.sqfi.com

Thanks GOC,

SQF is generous in offering the free download of their standards. How much are the other standards currently asking for copies of their standards? It appears that going to the individual standard owners is the only way to obtain copies of the standards. It would be convenient if there is one stop shop for these.

Regards,

gcse-fhp

Edited by gcse-fhp, 14 January 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

SQF is generous in offering the free download of their standards. How much are the other standards currently asking for copies of their standards? It appears that going to the individual standard owners is the only way to obtain copies of the standards. It would be convenient if there is one stop shop for these.

Indeed. And on the flip side the BRC charge £90 for the PDF version of their standard which isn’t actually a "Portable Document Format" – more an inconvenient copyright protected piece of software which must be installed on every computer that you want to view the PDF on. It will also only allow you to print the document once! Or twice, I can’t remember.

The ISO charge approx £90 for their ISO 22000:2005 standard and the PDF version has similar copyright protection as the BRC.

IFS is almost a third the price of the above at £33. The caveat is that they don’t provide a PDF version of their standards – print only. Except for those who like to have copies on their computers/tablets this is not a problem for most people.

I am not aware of any one-stop shop; we have always purchased them straight from source.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

gcse what is your location, preferred currency and do you want the standards as downloads or hard copy. This information will help determine the best sales outlet for you.

@Philip, I find the BRC controls over zealous considering users must have an up to date copy of the standard as a requirement of certification.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

gcse-fhp

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 142 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Indeed. And on the flip side the BRC charge £90 for the PDF version of their standard which isn’t actually a "Portable Document Format" – more an inconvenient copyright protected piece of software which must be installed on every computer that you want to view the PDF on. It will also only allow you to print the document once! Or twice, I can’t remember.

The ISO charge approx £90 for their ISO 22000:2005 standard and the PDF version has similar copyright protection as the BRC.

IFS is almost a third the price of the above at £33. The caveat is that they don’t provide a PDF version of their standards – print only. Except for those who like to have copies on their computers/tablets this is not a problem for most people.

I am not aware of any one-stop shop; we have always purchased them straight from source.

Thanks, Philip,

This is very helpful and I am sure that others with similar interests will also find your comments useful.

gcse.fhp

gcse-fhp

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 142 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

gcse what is your location, preferred currency and do you want the standards as downloads or hard copy. This information will help determine the best sales outlet for you.

@Philip, I find the BRC controls over zealous considering users must have an up to date copy of the standard as a requirement of certification.

Regards,
Simon

Simon,

Thanks for the question. The primary location of interest is Canada, with the Canadian dollar as the currency. Meanwhile, price quotes in the selling location currency may prove to be more accurate at the time of actual purchase transaction due to currency exchange fluctuations. I personally prefer downloads if available. It appears that this may not be the case for the IFS standards according to Philip.

gcse-fhp

Edited by gcse-fhp, 14 January 2012 - 04:20 PM.

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 326 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

It's also important to note that some of the standards such as the BRC and IFS are copyright protected and just to clarify, Simon that the requirement for the BRC in not specifically an up to date copy, but rather a GENUINE hard or electronic copy on file for the certification audit.

I just mention this since a photocopy of the the latest standard will not do and in fact will result in a non-conformance (and slap on the hand for breach of copyright) Posted Image

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 326 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I apologize, but I couldn't resist conducting the following simple calculation.

There are 17,000 BRC certified companies world-wide. Therefore a genuine copy of the standard at £90 a pop generates a total revenue income of £ 1.5 million.

If I was running the BRC I think I would be producing an issue of the standard every year rather than every 4-5 years.Posted Image

But to be fair there is no doubt considerable costs in developing each new issue...

jose22000

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

I believe that IFS will become free from issue 6 (and will be launched next Monday!)
BRC can be purchased on http://www.tsoshop.c....asp?FO=1235945

Regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users