• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Dear All

I have been following this website and reading up on its contents for few weeks now. It contains valuable information for anyone involved within this sector. Altough i have searched everywhere for my specific type of dairy production all over the web, and even on this site, i cannot seem to find the relevent information to proceed with my production and the approval from the council's enviromental team. I have been adviced by the said department to use the assistance of an consultant but like with any small businesses, financial side of things are keeping my hands tied and cannot afford the prices i am being quoted (some say £4000 and some even up to £10000). I have been reading on so many documents and forums such as this, and confident that i can produce the HACCP plan myself. The only problem i'm facing right now, is putting in all down in an acceptable format and identifying the CCP's.

My business is fairly small and the staff i will employ once the approval has been granted will be 2-4 including myself. The milk i will be using for now will be already pasteurised and purchased from large companies such as Costco, Tesco's or Sainsbury's. In all of the sample HACCP plans i have looked at, it contains the process of having the milk in it's raw, unpasteurised form and specifically for the large plants who process their own milk.

My question for experts in this field, as yourselves, will be, to ask for a sample plan, if you have that i can convert and apply it to my business. I have been stressing out for few months now because of, in my opinion unnecessary burdon for a small company like mine, where i have visual control over the two products i will be producing and the ingredients will be coming from reliable sources and not just any untested farms. My products will be sold to supermarkets as Home made butter and Cheese.

I will apperraciate any help or input offered. Many thanks for your time.

Denis

Can anyone help me with this?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Denis, as an alternative you may want to consider purchasing an IFSQN Food Safety Management System - they are all supplied with free technical support and we have a lot of experience in dairy. If you like I can get Tony to contact you to discuss your requirements.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Duncan Lash

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hi Denis,
this may be of some use to you. Its specific to New Zealand production (contains our pathogen detection criteria, and links to NZ legislation), but there is a HACCP analysis for cheese production in appendix M. May be of use to you?
http://www.foodsafet...index.htm<br />
Duncan.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hi Denis,
this may be of some use to you. Its specific to New Zealand production (contains our pathogen detection criteria, and links to NZ legislation), but there is a HACCP analysis for cheese production in appendix M. May be of use to you?
http://www.foodsafet...index.htm<br />
Duncan.

Dear Duncan,

It's a useful document, thanks, but as far as I could see, NZFSA appear to be able to decide on CCPs without doing any risk assessment within their hazard analysis. Very imaginative. :whistle:
(I have recently been searching/trying to locate their previous set of very informative, published HACCP plans ca 2000 vintage however they have ingeniously removed all traces of them starting around 2003's new "policy" :crying: )

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users