Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi Everyone I have just started my own business and normally I do a food safety training. my first job is with a bakery. i would be grateful if anyone had a template for a HACCP plan that I could follow. neednt be too complicated

Rob

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hi Everyone I have just started my own business and normally I do a food safety training. my first job is with a bakery. i would be grateful if anyone had a template for a HACCP plan that I could follow. neednt be too complicated

Rob

Dear HACCP,

neednt be too complicated

This may well depend on how much training you have in HACCP.?

A haccp plan minimally requires one product and one process ? The format / details of the content may also depend on the purpose, eg being submitted to whom, or for what standard ? Not exactly complications, more like necessities. :smile:

Various "bakery haccp" threads do exist on this forum for things like bread, pies, cakes. Some contain links to sample haccp plans, eg

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__40538

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

haccp 119

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Dear HACCP,

This may well depend on how much training you have in HACCP.?

A haccp plan minimally requires one product and one process ? The format / details of the content may also depend on the purpose, eg being submitted to whom, or for what standard ? Not exactly complications, more like necessities. :smile:

Various "bakery haccp" threads do exist on this forum for things like bread, pies, cakes. Some contain links to sample haccp plans, eg

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__40538

Rgds / Charles.C

haccp 119

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thanks

Charles for your reply

I guess what im looking for is for a template that with docuents like : companies food safety food safety policy and document detailing pre- requisites
the blank hazard analysis of products . basically to have everything covered

Rob

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Dear haccp,

I am guessing you are seeking to comply with an appropriate legislatory requirement. (This is against simply wishing to learn / implement "full" general haccp from a manufacturer's viewpoint for which answers also exist here ).

If so, yr logical start link is, I believe, here -

http://www.fsai.ie/f...accp/haccp.html

The above web page is AFAIK an Irish "equivalent" to these UK links -

http://www.food.gov....safecateringni/
http://www.food.gov....resources/sfbb/

You will see that the 1st link splits off into various sub-requirements, eg a list of prerequisites, etc. I anticipate model examples are provided but i didn't pursue the trail in depth.(the obvious difference between the Irish solution and the UK path seems to be that UK has chosen a simplified, more prescriptive, procedure to deliberately avoid a formal haccp-type route due to their experienced field difficulties in haccp implementation). If there are no examples provided, "generic" templates for many of the prerequisites mentioned do exist on this forum although maybe not exactly matched to yr local/bakery situation. Generic detailed examples of haccp plans (for example bread, meat pies) also exist here (eg via the previous link I provided).

I suggest you revert with some comments as to yr specific requirements.

Sorry in advance if I have misunderstood yr original post. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS Really uncomplicated haccp plans do exist, eg where the hazard table simply puts "None" to all the BCP hazards except those relating to the selected CCPs, typically one or two. In contrast I can recall a bread haccp plan here which has a whole chain of CCPs. The answer depends on what level you (or, more likely, yr legislation) is seeking.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

haccp 119

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

HI Charles
Thanks again for your reply and links the above links will prove useful . I have been training and managing HACCP systems for past 8 years but have never designed a haccp program . Yes the main aim is to meet current regulatory requirements. I also want it to be clear & consise and be easy to implement. while ensuring that i cover every angle. thanks again

Regards

Rob

P.S great forum with lots of very information on issues.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users