- - - - -

Moni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:37 AM

Kann mir jemand einen Hinweis geben, wie man am besten ein Glasregister aufbaut?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:57 AM

Hi Moni,

I believe you are asking for how best to develop a glass register. Follow the link below and you can download a 'zip file' which contains an example glass register as well as a glass breakage procedure and lot's of other useful documents.

Free Document Downloads

After you have had a look at the documents if you need any further assistance we will be pleased to help you.

:)
Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Hydrous

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

There seems to be a degree of confusion over glass register documentation.
When I am conducting Audits there is a verifying degree of compliance.
One site had all the glass jars containing products for cooking registered, another had the mirror in the admin office on the register!

Hi Moni,

I believe you are asking for how best to develop a glass register. Follow the link below and you can download a 'zip file' which contains an example glass register as well as a glass breakage procedure and lot's of other useful documents.

After you have had a look at the documents if you need any further assistance we will be pleased to help you.

:)
Regards,
Simon

Jules

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

Start with a risk assessment, this will validate why specific items are on the list yet the office mirror is not on the list.

I have gone photographic with my register. It took quite a bit of work to start with but then eventually fell into place. Each photograph has a column next to it with arrows showing where buttons etc are

Asset

Far wall control panels

Description

Photograph
FREEZER CONTROL PANEL

• Temperature gauge face
  • Display panel (2)
  • Control panel

Next step was a plan of where everything in the glass register is - actually two schematics, one for overheads - lights, EFKs etc and one for each piece of ground based equipment.

The pieces of equipment on the plan are numbered (and colour coded where numbering is inappropriate)

The pieces of equipment on the photographic glass register are similarly numbered.

There are keys to equipment / lights on both plans

Kind Regards

Julie

Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dr Ajay Shah

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

I totally agree with Jules. I have designed a glass register checklist that we check every week.

This includes windows, gauges and control boxes with glass or plastic on equipment and also forklift lights and gauges etc. It is important to walk through the complete area three to four times to ensure that you have covered everything and if necessary take someone with you as an extra set of eyes will be helpful in looking at things in more detail.

I hope the additions points may be usful to some who may not have thought of fork lifts operating within the plant.

Regards

Ajay Shah

:smarty:

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

In my experience the glass register should be risk assessed with higher risk items audited more frequently. In or around the production line frequency should be start of shift backed up by rigorous incident reporting procedure. I have seen glass and brittle plastic locations drawn on a factory plan, better than a list and worth the effort in my opinion.

Cheers,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

meen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Start with a risk assessment, this will validate why specific items are on the list yet the office mirror is not on the list.

I have gone photographic with my register. It took quite a bit of work to start with but then eventually fell into place. Each photograph has a column next to it with arrows showing where buttons etc are

Asset

Far wall control panels

Description

Photograph
FREEZER CONTROL PANEL

• Temperature gauge face
  • Display panel (2)
  • Control panel

Next step was a plan of where everything in the glass register is - actually two schematics, one for overheads - lights, EFKs etc and one for each piece of ground based equipment.

The pieces of equipment on the plan are numbered (and colour coded where numbering is inappropriate)

The pieces of equipment on the photographic glass register are similarly numbered.

There are keys to equipment / lights on both plans

@Julie - this is my very first post. I am quite interested in your photographic register. Would you kinldy show me a sample of what yours looks like. I am in the process of making one up fpr our factory and want to see asmany examples/layout as possible. thanks in advance

ap87

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi Simon,

The link you set in doesn't work anymore... are the glass register docs available somewhere else?

Thanks!

Anne 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:54 AM

I updated the link Anne, it should work now. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users