• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Greetings

My name is Raul and I am posting from Mexico, I work in a company dedicated to packing and transporting fresh vegetables (mainly peppers and chilis). As a food safety improvement in our plant we are looking forward to purchase a Crates washer machine, we already have a interesting proposal from STORM-COMPANY. They are offering us a Crates washer machine with air dry tunnel, capacity for aproximately 300 crates per hour , and automatic dosing system of detergent.

The proposal meets our requirements and it is on good price, the only problem could be that we are in Mexico and the distributor its located in Bulgary, which could cause us inconvenients if the machine gets damage or requires maintenance.

What would you recommend me to do? Does anyone has ever worked with Storm-Company before? Should i go with this proposal or should we invest in a national proposal in order to avoid the distance inconvenient?

Thanks in advance
Best regards and pardon me for my poor vocabulary

Cranberry

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Triathlon, Marathon. Generally causing myself pain.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

We are currently looking for a new crate washer. Not looked at storm products but will give them a look. We have an engineer who can fix most things but recently we have had to send away to the Netherlands for parts and bring in an engineer from Sweden for some of our kit so it would be worth checking if they have agents in Mexico or if they can recommend someone local to maintain/supply parts.

No se disculpe. Cualquier persona que habla más de un idioma debe ser respetada... El Inglés es mejor que mi español!

Edited by Cranberry, 18 May 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 224 posts
  • 132 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Good food, excellent coffee, home sweet home, cherished friendships, valued work, and a fantastic city.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Wouldn't insurance cover the cost of potential damage?

... helping you achieve food safety & quality assurance...

Melbourne Quality Assurance | Australia
www.melbourneqa.com | janette@melbourneqa.com
Facebook | Twitter

Raul8

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

JAKMQA, the machine that Storm-Company is offering us, have a warranty for 1 year, but thats it.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users