• Quick Navigation
Photo

Decision Tree Including CCP, OPRP and PRP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

CMac

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi,I've been trying for a while to find a decision tree including CCP (or HACCP-plan), OPRP AND PRP. Does anyone know such a shedule it would help me a lot.Thank's

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi,I've been trying for a while to find a decision tree including CCP (or HACCP-plan), OPRP AND PRP. Does anyone know such a shedule it would help me a lot.Thank's

Dear Charlie,

There is a mini-review up to ca. jan 2010 here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__34239

Later (july2011), lengthy thread containing various examples, eg
(1) ultra-simple option (+ discussion) here -
http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__44799

and (2) (and with some similarities) -
http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__46506

and (3), a more automated version -
http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__46754

There is also a model, worked out example (for ISO22000/yoghurt production) but using a score-based decision system here -
http://www.ifsqn.com...44/page__st__72
(eg see excel file in post #79)
There are also some slightly (conceptually) different trees ex French literature posted ca 2011-2012 but i daresay the above is enough for starters. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS I have also seen one method/application in a Scandinavian language publication (prob.ca 2007) which I may be able to locate in my archives if any interest.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

CMac

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thank you, Charles.
All this are information that I all ready have and unfortunately I don't find it suitable for defining wether a control measure or a combination of control measures are prp, oprp or ccp. I was hoping there was some approved combination between the ordinary decision tree for HACCP and the one created by pro cert.
If you use only the last mentioned for all process steps and all existing control measures a lot of control measures will end up being oprp when they are really just prp, or they will turn out to be unnecessary according to the decision tree. Also the two methods are contradictory in defining CCP...
Are there really no better way to define the control measures?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Thank you, Charles.
All this are information that I all ready have and unfortunately I don't find it suitable for defining wether a control measure or a combination of control measures are prp, oprp or ccp. I was hoping there was some approved combination between the ordinary decision tree for HACCP and the one created by pro cert.
If you use only the last mentioned for all process steps and all existing control measures a lot of control measures will end up being oprp when they are really just prp, or they will turn out to be unnecessary according to the decision tree. Also the two methods are contradictory in defining CCP...

Dear Hygiene Consult,

Well, basically I think the present results are attributable to the standard as presented, plus typical auditorial requirements / interpretations.

IMO it is necessary to accept that Risk Assessment is, by definition, (very) subjective although some posts here will disagree in the context of ISO 22000.

FSSC22000 has somewhat pre-defined the scope of prerequisites via PAS2220 although grey areas can still occur.

AFAIK,, an official specified procedure to determine/categorise CCP/OPRP does not exist anywhere. Based on 2200/2204 as presented, it is difficult to see how such could anyway occur ?. Some industries seem to have promoted their own internal “standard” Trees, eg French seafood companies. Based on comments in this forum, auditors go with this non-specific situation and follow the requirements of a “logical methodology” as left open to self-interpretation in the standard(s). As you probably know, the situation was commented (negatively) on within the Procert website several years ago and since then AFAIK nothing has materially changed, ie no official revisions / interpretations of the original pair of standard/guideline.

Most professional (English) software programs for the CCP/OPRP content seem to favour appropriately adjusted versions of the traditional Codex tree although some exceptions exist. Personally I find the Codex methods rather poor in the ISO context but they are undoubtedly convenient (eg rapid) and apparently well-accepted by auditors. From memory, the one sponsored by this site also includes an expanded procedure as optional.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "better" :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users