S Maddux

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Cycling, making beer and drinking good beer, family, friends and making every day count. "Good leadership isn't about advancing yourself. It's about advancing your team" -John C Maxwell

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

4.3.1 - My plant has two cook rooms (high risk area's). We cook, dice, slice and shred all kinds of meats (beef, poultry, pork). The finished products can be bagged, cooked in bag or cooked on an impingement oven and IQF'd and bulk packaged in 30-50# cardboard cases with liners or bulk packed into cardboard totes. These totes can have a liner with 15/35# bags of finished products or a liner with 800# of loose product. No matter which way we pack finished product all of it will be in a cardboard case with a liner. The liner is folded on top so all product is covered and than the lid is closed and taped. My question is this;
Does this make our finished packed products "Fully Enclosed In Packaging". The deal is I need to transport the finished cases, which are on pallets, from the cook room through our fresh meat room (low risk) to the holding freezers or the shipping dock. I want to make sure I can move pallets of finished product through our low risk area. Thanks for the help.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users