• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to Make an Allergen Control Policy in Buns Processing Area?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mehmur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Dear All,

Can any one please guide me how Can I make allergen control Policy in Buns processing area. Where the main raw material i.e. Wheat (gluten) is considered to be a Allergen. How can we avoid any Cross-Contamination when wheat has to be mixed with others.

Regards.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Dear All,

Can any one please guide me how Can I make allergen control Policy in Buns processing area. Where the main raw material i.e. Wheat (gluten) is considered to be a Allergen. How can we avoid any Cross-Contamination when wheat has to be mixed with others.

Regards.

Hi Mehmur,

I assume that you are making 'gluten free' buns?

Key allergen controls include:
Clear identification and segregation of foods and materials containing allergens - identification and segregation of allergens during storage and handling
Prevention of cross contact or contamination during processing - application of the appropriate measures to control these risks. Segregation can achieved through dedicated allergen and allergen free production lines. If this is not possible allergen controls can include the requirements for cleaning and segregation between batches of products for instance non allergen products produced first and then allergen containing products and followed by a full clean of the utensils, equipment and areas.
Rework control - permitted on a like for like basis.
A product trace system takes into consideration the conditions under which allergen containing foods are manufactured and ensure full trace back of all ingredients used.
Verification of Allergen controls.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mehmur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Dear Tony,

We are not making Gluten free buns. The raw material includs Wheat and Gluten.

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Dear Tony,

We are not making Gluten free buns. The raw material includs Wheat and Gluten.

Do all of your products include wheat and gluten? In that case, there are no controls necessary.
If however, you add allergens only to certain products, then controls need to be in place for those allergens.

For example, if you add dried egg product to only one variety of bun, you must have controls in place to ensure no cross contamination from the egg product.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users