• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between 2.2.1 Document Control and 2.2.2 Records. I'm trying to write the SOP right now and am stuck.

Thanks in advance.
AA

Chris @ Safefood 360°

Associate - AIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 104 posts
  • 51 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between 2.2.1 Document Control and 2.2.2 Records. I'm trying to write the SOP right now and am stuck.

Thanks in advance.
AA

Hello,

Document Control refers to the overarching system of issuance, revision, and history of an individual document. Records are the completed documents (or record) of information that is collected via inspection, analysis, monitoring, etc..

SQF 2.2.1 Requires that a register of current documents be maintained (including amendmant info), safe storage of documents (and that they be readily available), defined methods of storage and responsibility.

SQF 2.2.2 Requires that your records be filled out legibly and be suitably authorized (name identification) by employees, be readily accessible and securely stored, defined methods and responsibilities for those employees monitoring/verifying/analyzing activity.

Quite simply, "Document Control" refers to your system of developing, amending, storing, and disseminating documents while "Records" refers to the activity of filling out said documents so you can then provide proof that activities have been performed.

You may find helpful resources directly from SQFi here: http://www.sqfi.com/documents/

-Chris

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users