• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

I am currently drawing up a Lab Manual for a UHT production unit, most of the test involved are outsourced to an accreditied lab as we are a start up company. I have included the frequency of testing, the type of testing employed, the permitted range of the finished product and the environmental hygiene.I have also detailed the equipment calibration.Now I am having a block as to what else I need to include. I should also mention this is the first time I had to draw up a lab manual so any help would be much appreciated.

:helpplease:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

I am currently drawing up a Lab Manual for a UHT production unit, most of the test involved are outsourced to an accreditied lab as we are a start up company. I have included the frequency of testing, the type of testing employed, the permitted range of the finished product and the environmental hygiene.I have also detailed the equipment calibration.Now I am having a block as to what else I need to include. I should also mention this is the first time I had to draw up a lab manual so any help would be much appreciated.
:helpplease:

Dear Pinko,

It may depend on how you intend to utilise the test procedure in the future. For example, if you plan to use it later in a BRC certification submission, it is advantageous to initially document the procedure in iso-type style.

There are many examples of above on this forum but they basically require inclusion of things like (a) specific identification label, (b) statement of scope,© revision control data, (d) the actual procedure, (e) relevant references, (f) relevant record form, (g) retention time (h) authorisation

IMO, it is difficult to generalise on the exact details of the procedure itself since so many variations are possible.

You might consider posting a specific example here and ask for comments.?

If you are talking about analytical procedures to measure quality parameters, i predict that the first question from a laboratory user will often be "Please supply a worked example to show the steps / calculation". I always include this if possible since it often identifies missing steps in the procedure description. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users