Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Ok, that´s ok. Good luck with the papers!!
Thanks a lot.
Mariana

Hi ,
I have written food safety policy and objective for ISO22000 audit. Auditor pointed policy and objective as an inappropriate saying that objective is not in line with policy.
I dont know what to write .Can somebody explain me.How shall I write policy as well objective.

Edited by Charles.C, 21 February 2013 - 09:17 PM.
created new topic

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Dear charu,

It might be helpful if you could post yr food safety policy here so the reason for yr auditor's comments could be thought about.

You may also get some ideas if you have a look at this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ndpost__p__6063
(especially posts 5,14, 29 maybe :smile: )

ISO 22004 notes that -

The FS policy is the basis of any organisation's FSMS. Measurable objectives and targets are defined in this policy. Measurable activities may include identification and implementation of activities to improve any aspect of the system (eg reduce the number of recalls/withdrawals, decrease the number of foreign bodies)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Dear charu,

It might be helpful if you could post yr food safety policy here so the reason for yr auditor's comments could be thought about.

You may also get some ideas if you have a look at this thread -

(especially posts 5,14, 29 maybe :smile: )

ISO 22004 notes that - .

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,
Thanks for the swift response.
I have attached my policy and objective.Please suggest some needful.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi Charles,
Thanks for the swift response.
I have attached my policy and objective.Please suggest some needful.

Dear charu,

Sorry but i do not see any policy or objective attached.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Dear charu,

Sorry but i do not see any policy or objective attached.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,
Please find the attached Document.Please suggest me how to document policy and objective.

Regards,
Charu Tyagi

Attached Files

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hi Charles,
Please find the attached Document.Please suggest me how to document policy and objective.

Regards,
Charu Tyagi

Dear Charu,

Thks for attachment.

I think the reason you encountered some auditor comments regarding yr measurable objectives (MOJs) was that some of them (eg 2nd and 3rd) were (a) not obviously linked to the text of your stated food safety policy (FSP) and (b) (IMEX) are not typically of high significance to the (safety) improvement of a FSMS. This does not necessarily mean that the last two MOJs were of no importance, just not directly meaningful / justifiable to a reader of the fsp or (presumably) to yr auditor. Your 1st MOJ does not look unreasonable to myself.

IMO yr text is reasonable but it seemed to maybe not address all the specific clauses of the standard, eg paras (d-e). I found the heading arrangement slightly confusing and I think a FSP does not typically contain a “scope” although I suppose it could do. :smile:

It's never simple IMEX to reorganise existing material into a different format so I have put together / attached an alternative FSP to illustrate one approach (IMO). The text is mainly based on content from posts 5 and 14 in this excellent thread -
(A large portion of yr own existing text matches some of the initial paragraphs and could probably replace if desired.)

Some thoughts on generic design of fsps are in the .png file in this post / attachment –

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__59065

This attachment (extracted from an older thread) contains quite detailed advice on constructing an fsp specifically for ISO22000 –

Attached File  writing Food Safety Policy.doc   27KB   292 downloads

Ideally your fsp should reflect your own system’s objectives which I am not familiar with. I am also not myself a user of ISO22000. Accordingly I hv used a generic-type framework for the body of the FSP and Measurable Objectives.

Attached File  Food Safety Policy, ABC, ISO22000.doc   25.5KB   322 downloads
Attached File  FOOD SAFETY OBJECTIVES, ABC, ISO22000.doc   24.5KB   415 downloads

I have included a few explanatory notes and added a little expansion of the original content.

Comments (+/-) welcome as usual.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 5 Members:

charu13

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thank you very much.

Dear Charu,

Thks for attachment.

I think the reason you encountered some auditor comments regarding yr measurable objectives (MOJs) was that some of them (eg 2nd and 3rd) were (a) not obviously linked to the text of your stated food safety policy (FSP) and (b) (IMEX) are not typically of high significance to the (safety) improvement of a FSMS. This does not necessarily mean that the last two MOJs were of no importance, just not directly meaningful / justifiable to a reader of the fsp or (presumably) to yr auditor. Your 1st MOJ does not look unreasonable to myself.

IMO yr text is reasonable but it seemed to maybe not address all the specific clauses of the standard, eg paras (d-e). I found the heading arrangement slightly confusing and I think a FSP does not typically contain a “scope” although I suppose it could do. :smile:

It's never simple IMEX to reorganise existing material into a different format so I have put together / attached an alternative FSP to illustrate one approach (IMO). The text is mainly based on content from posts 5 and 14 in this excellent thread -
(A large portion of yr own existing text matches some of the initial paragraphs and could probably replace if desired.)

Some thoughts on generic design of fsps are in the .png file in this post / attachment –

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__59065

This attachment (extracted from an older thread) contains quite detailed advice on constructing an fsp specifically for ISO22000 –

Attached File  writing Food Safety Policy.doc   27KB   292 downloads

Ideally your fsp should reflect your own system’s objectives which I am not familiar with. I am also not myself a user of ISO22000. Accordingly I hv used a generic-type framework for the body of the FSP and Measurable Objectives.

Attached File  Food Safety Policy, ABC, ISO22000.doc   25.5KB   322 downloads
Attached File  FOOD SAFETY OBJECTIVES, ABC, ISO22000.doc   24.5KB   415 downloads

I have included a few explanatory notes and added a little expansion of the original content.

Comments (+/-) welcome as usual.

Rgds / Charles.C

Drkhalidmabrok

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

I have reviwed the objectives and I think they are good but missing the time frame, and I think auditor wants to see objectives more strategic to be in line with the policy, but I don't think this NC.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users