skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Curious if anyone has a supplier questionaire that relates to PAS 223 Purchasing requirements under FSSC 22000? I'm guessing that most food packaging suppliers (paperboard, inks, additives, corrugate) don't have food safety management systems, so asking them questions about HACCP, GFSI, etc, might be like beating a dead horse! Should I just keep it basic, asking questions about cleaning, trailer inspections, pest control etc? As always, thank you everyone for your input.

Shane

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Curious if anyone has a supplier questionaire that relates to PAS 223 Purchasing requirements under FSSC 22000? I'm guessing that most food packaging suppliers (paperboard, inks, additives, corrugate) don't have food safety management systems, so asking them questions about HACCP, GFSI, etc, might be like beating a dead horse! Should I just keep it basic, asking questions about cleaning, trailer inspections, pest control etc? As always, thank you everyone for your input.

Shane

I think you will be surprised about the level of FSMS of packaging suppliers. Or maybe not in the US. In the UK most food packaging companies have BRC Packaging Certfication that includes are requirement for a HACCP type risk assessment. There are a number of supplier questionnaires available on the forum, I can find some examples for you, but does it have to be FSSC specific?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think you will be surprised about the level of FSMS of packaging suppliers. Or maybe not in the US. In the UK most food packaging companies have BRC Packaging Certfication that includes are requirement for a HACCP type risk assessment. There are a number of supplier questionnaires available on the forum, I can find some examples for you, but does it have to be FSSC specific?

Regards,
Simon

Thanks Simon! No it doesn't have to be FSSC 22000 Specific. I was just curious as to what kinds of questions packaging companies are asking thier suppliers.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've done a little searching and found a few examples.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 4 Members:

Noel Gora

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Hi

What determines or what guidelines are there to determine the amount of information required from a raw materials or packaging supplier in a questionnaire?

Regards

Noel

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hi

What determines or what guidelines are there to determine the amount of information required from a raw materials or packaging supplier in a questionnaire?

Regards

Noel

hi Noel Gora,

Thanks for the Question and welcome to the Forum !

A short answer as to (safety) determining factors would be (assuming food manufacturer) the FS Standard (if any), (local/customer) Regulatory Requirements, GMP.

The overall typical requirement is to ensure a safe and wholesome product at destination.

The details, especially wholesomeness, will depend on the specific situation.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users